Chapter 170

Spade sat watching the beautiful man he had come to love with his very existence, if need be he was ready to die for Nate, actually the night he'd gone after Sullivan, he'd hoped he'd die so he could at least see Nate and talk with him one last time, but death didn't come that easy for him, especially for him.

It had been approximately one month since Nate was shot and he slipped into coma, one month that Spade had to live without Nate, a very sour and bad experience for him.

He'd barely left his side, he even stopped working, Matteo handled the mafia while he never left Nate's side, he didn't want to miss the day when Nate would wake up, although he was beginning to lose hope of that ever happening, even though the doctors had said Nate was responding to treatment and was close to waking up, he didn't see any improvement.

It was the sane thing everyday and the beeping sound of the machine Nate was hooked on was getting on his nerve, some days he wanted to have at it and smash it to pieces, and then other times he'd just sit there watching it, waiting for something to happen, but nothing ever happened.

He sighed out as he clutched onto Nate's hand, he brought it up to his lips as he kissed it gently, putting his fingers close to his lips, he blew air on it
"Baby, it's been a month now" he clenched his jaw and looked up at Nate's face, he looked like he was sleeping, but his sleep was taking longer than Spade expected
"The doctors said you're a fighter and you're fighting to get back to me" he whispered with a small sad smile

He stroked the back of Nate's hand as he watched him "I'm waiting for you babe, day in, day out, I'm waiting for you to come back to me" he whispered, ye shut his eyes and swallowed hard, pushing back the lump in his throat, even his eyes were stinging with unshed tears.
He sighed out and lowered his head, placing it on Nate's hand "I miss you" he muttered out shakily.

He shut his eyes tight, the only thing he could do now was bask in the memories he had shared with Nate, all the times they spent together, he wished he could take time back, he never would have walked out on Nate that day, he would have just stayed, push his anger away and listen to him.

There hadn't been a day where he didn't regret his actions, Salvatore was still locked up in his basement, he'd hope Nate would wake up sooner, so he could be the one to end the motherfucker's life.

"Didn't you go home"? He heard her voice, making him look up, meeting eyes with Nate's sister who stood at the door of the ward, she was putting on a white floral gown, with yellow flowers designs on it.

She'd grown her hair back over the past month since Nate had been in the hospital, she was still staying at Spade's place, he insisted because he didn't want the house to be empty, he still hadn't been able to go there since then.

He feared the memories there would overwhelm him and he'd have a break down.
"Hey" he rasped out as she just gave him a pointed look, before she advanced towards him close to the bed.

"I thought I asked you to go home, get some rest, a nice shower and change of clothes"? She asked ignoring him as she stopped in front of him.

He just sighed out "I can't go home or even rest, not while he's like this" he whispered, letting his eyes rest on Nate's face, she sighed out and sat down on the other chair beside Spade, she placed her hand on his thighs, squeezing it gently

"You can't keep going like this, you've barely had four hours of sleep in a day, you don't go home, and even if you do, you don't spend more than 5 minutes there" she mutttered gently
"Staying here is not going to wake him up, go home and get a good shower and a change of clothes, plus if he does wake up, I don't think he's going to want to see you like this" she said, looking him over.