Prologue

I walk up to the front door with my bags trailing behind me.

It's a gloomy day. It's the day I'm getting separated from my brothers. Our parents got divorced and I have to move out with mom. I don't get why mom can't just move out and we can visit her. Don't get me wrong I love my mom, but they're tearing our family apart.

It's like the weather knows what's happening because it's foggy and starting to sprinkle.

I turn around and look at my brothers. My oldest brother Alex is looking at me with tears in his eyes but he won't let them drop. I run and jump into his arms, hugging him like my life depended on it.

He whispered reassuringly in my ear, telling me that we can call and text each other all the time. I nod not trusting my voice to work properly.

I then look over to Elijah my 2nd oldest brother. He has always been the most sensitive out of them all. He has tears streaming down his face. I go up and hug him the same way I did Alex. After the hug I back away and rub the tears off his cheeks. I smile softly at him and then look at my last brother.

Dante has always had a hard time showing his emotions. He looks at me with a straight face but I can see him trying to hold back his tears. I hug him just as hard if not harder than my other brothers. I know that this will affect him the most.

I finally back up and look at my father in the back. He has tears in his eyes. I've always been a daddy's girl even when I was a baby. I would cry non stop when he was a work and be attached to him when he was home. I run and jump on him. Finally letting my tears out. He puts a hand on my head and cradles me to his chest.

He lets me go and crouches down in front of me. " I love you baby girl and I'll see you when you come visit durning the summer. You can call and text me whenever you want to. I'll always be there for you no matter what." He says as a tear leaves his eye.

I nod as my mom comes down with the rest of her stuff.

"Come on baby let's go" she says as she grabs my hand.

I turn around and wave before the door closes behind me. The guards put all of our stuff in the car as I get in the back seat and look out the window. I watch as mom starts the car and drives off from the house that I have lived in since I was born.

—————————————————————————

• 1 year later •

Me and mom moved into a small 1 bedroom apartment. It was different from the giant mansion that we used to live in but we made it work.

She is always working but I don't mind. We have to live some way. She doesn't really pay attention to me but I get it she's busy.

School has been fine. I mean it's school what else can you expect. I'm in 3rd grade and my teacher doesn't really like me for some reason. It's ok tho.

I call and text my brothers and dad every day. For the past few months tho they have been answering less and less. It makes me sad but I know they have their own lives.

————————————————————————-

• A few months later •

I never went to visit dad over the summer. He called me and said that that he was super busy at work and that we would have to do it next year.

I sat in my room and cried for 3 days. I really miss them and mom started hitting me.

She said that it was all my fault that we are living like this.

She comes home everyday from work drunk and angry.