20

Guys I'm so sorry for not posting a lot. I'm studying for my Ap finals and then after that I will be studying for my normal finals. So what I'm trying to say is that I will try my hardest to post weekly for the next 7 weeks or so but if I don't I'm super sorry.

Enjoy the read!
—————————————————————————

Aces POV-

I stare at my father waiting for a response. He lost the right to be my dad when he left us all for dead.

"Look son I know you're pissed off and would love to punch me in the face, I can see it in the way your fists are clenched. But before you do that can you please let me explain and then you can decide if you want to punch me." He asks with pleading eyes.

I look over to Mom. I know how hard it was for her when dad left. She had to deal with the grief and had to put her life on hold for ours.

Her eyes held a little bit of hope, but also pain and anger. My mother always thought he left because of something else, something that he couldn't tell us. If she taught me anything it's that she would always love my father, even after everything he's done to us. But that doesn't mean she will forgive him.

I nod and move to stand next to mom's chair with my arms crossed over my chest, waiting for him to start talking.

He looks at the floor as he talks. Like he doesn't want to see our reactions. "Ok. Your mom knew a little about this but not much because I didn't want to put her in danger. The reason we could life so comfortable with only me working 3 times a week was because I was leading a small gang with the alliances of the American Mafia, and the Italian Mafia. It seems like you are already really close with the Italians." He says looking at me.

Of course I am. First off there my best friend and girlfriends family, but I also work as a assassin in one of there companies.

He continues, "Well the leader of the American Mafia was one of my best friends. He had no kids, and no sibling to pass the Mafia onto when he either died or wanted to retire. One day I got a call that there was an attack at his home and that he was killed."

He looks up at us. "He put me down in his will as the next leader of the American Mafia." He says looking emotional.

Me and mom both suck in a big breath. Looking at each other for a moment before looking back at him.

"Whenever there is a change in power of a Mafia family people start trying to kill them as fast as possible. The power shift makes a Mafia weaker. It's easier to take over. I had to leave you guys. I couldn't put you in that danger. I had to get the mafia in a stable place before coming to get you guys back." He says tears in his eyes as he rubs the stubble on his jaw.

"I couldn't tell you guys. If you knew people would come after you. Ellie had just been born, and I couldn't put my princess in danger. So I said I had to leave because of her. Because I couldn't take care of two kids. I lied. She is the most beautiful little girl." He says a tear leaking out of his eye.

He swipes it away quickly before continuing. "When I left it was only supposed to be for a few months to a year. Not 10. But there were complications. The Irish mafia started a war. They were pissed off that the power was just given to me, not earned. Well a week ago I won the war." He says looking at mom with such love.

"I can back so that we could be a family again. I know it won't be the same and I'm so sorry for that, but I will try my hardest to fix my mistakes." He says looking between us both.

My mom launches herself into my father's arms crying her heart out. Father seems to be ready for this because he catches her effortlessly and cradles her to his chest whispering into her ear.

I let them have their moment, and start walking to Ellie room so that I can make sure she is old before continuing the conversation. When I open Ellie's door she's on the floor with Avery, a giant smile on her face.

Avery's shirt is up to show her stomach, and Ellie is coloring on it with face paint. It seems like every time Ellie puts the brush on her belly the baby kicks it, making Ellie burst out in laughter.

I stand at the door watching them with a small smile on my face before Avery sees me. She looks at me with a smile on her face, but in her eyes I can see the concern. She's hiding it well from Ellie.

I nod at her, telling her that it was ok silently. I mean as well as it could so far.

She breaths out a sigh of relief. Ellie looks over toward me and smiles. "Ace look!" She says beckoning me over with a wave of her hand.

I sit next to Avery, and she immediately leans into me. Ellie puts a purple color on the brush before putting it on Avery's stomach, the baby kicking it. Ellie bursts into laughter almost immediately.

I lean my head closer to Avery's and whisper into her ear. "Are you sure this is safe for the baby? I mean it could have chemicals or something." I say concerned.

"It's perfectly safe. I researched it before I let her put it on my stomach." She said smiling at me. "Are you sure you're ok" she asks, scratching her nails on my arm softly.

"Yeah I'll tell you about it later. You're gonna have to talk to your family too. I'll tell them to talk to you. You have to know but it's not my place to say. Just know that you are gonna have to have a talk at some point with them before I can tell you." I say.

As much as I would love to tell her everything it's not my place. They're gonna have to tell her, especially with the baby. She could be in danger and she has to know to keep herself and the baby safe.

"I'll be back. We have to finish the conversation. I just wanted to check up on you three." I say kissing her cheek. I get up and rub Ellie's head before closing the door and walking back to the living room.

Mom seemed to have calmed down. They were sitting next to each other now, holding hands. They look up at me as I stand back in my original spot.

"So what now? You run a Mafia for fuck sake. Are you gonna make us move?" I ask

"Well I have a house kinda close to the Italian Mafias and I was hoping you guys would move in with med we can take it slow though." He says.

I nod. I don't even know how to feel about this. I mean he just comes back and everything is gonna change. How are we supposed to know he won't leave again. How is Ellie gonna feel about this.

I was taken out of my thinking by him talking again. "I was also hoping to also start training you as soon as possible to take over the Mafia."

Never mind I know exactly how to feel. Fucking Rage.

—————————————————————————
Ok! Chapter is complete.

I would like to know what you think so far.

Also, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for this story. Of course I have ideas but sometimes you guys give me ideas that I love and put into the book.

Ok that's all!