1- 6 years later

I walk through the school doors late. Mom thought that it would be a good time to punish me for living again.

This time it was burning my palm on the stove. After she left for work, I cleaned my hand the best I could and walked to school.

I missed about 3 periods. Dan will probably punish me for it because mom doesn't get home till 9.

I walk in to class and walk to the back. Most teachers are used to it so they don't saw anything.  I sit in the back and put one of my earbuds in so that I can't still hear the teacher if they finally decide to say something important.

I wouldn't say I'm popular, I don't have any friends because I don't really like people. I get into fights with the football players a lot. They think that they can do anything they want and I put them in their place. I've never lost.

I have to be careful now tho. I found out a few weeks ago that I'm pregnant. I know a 16 year old that's pregnant. I try to take birth control so that when Dan and his friends rape me I don't get pregnant, but I didn't have enough money a few months ago and now here I am.

I am about 5 months. I wear baggy stuff anyway so it's easy to hid. I'm not showing a tone but it's enough to notice if I wasn't wearing baggy stuff.

I got a job to start saving up money so that he or she can have a good life. I have had appointments that have gone off the record to make sure that they're ok and stuff. I'm trying to be a good mom.

I don't know who the dad is. It lines up with when Dan and his friends had a party and a lot of people raped me. I try so hard to fight but when there is so many of them and I'm already hurt from the beatings I get I can't.

I get interrupted from my thoughts with an announcement calling me down to the office. It's not abnormal so my teacher doesn't even look at me as I grab my stuff and walk out of his class.

I walk up to the office and see Mrs. Jane. She's older and acts like a grandma to me. " Hi Jane! How's your day been?"

" It's been great sweetie! I got you some lollipops! Here pick one out." She holds out a basket of my favorite candy. I pick out the root beer one, it's the one I crave the most right now.

"Thanks Jane! I have to get the Dave's office now or he'll fell neglected. I'll see you later!"

I walk to Dave's office and open the door. I've been here so much that we have become friends.

I stop in my tracks when I see the police officers in the seats across from Dave. I slowly walk in and close the door.

" Dave I don't know if you're trying to get me locked up but I haven't done anything to deserve this" I joke, trying to lighten the mood.

"Hey sweetie, don't worry I'm not trying to get you locked up. I'm sorry but your mom got into an accident on the way to work and unfortunately didn't make it." Dave says.

She's dead? After everything she did to me she gets out that easily?

"Ok. What happens to me now?" I say

One of the police officers stands up and starts talking. "We have contacted your father and he is on his way here. We are going to take you to your house and get your stuff before we head to the station."

I nod. I turn to Dave and give him a hug. "Thank you. You don't understand how much you have changed my life. " I say. He nods with tears in his eyes and says "Don't get into trouble kid"

I nod and walk out of his office. I have a similar goodbye with Jane. She gives me her number, even tho she's not supposed to so that we can keep in touch.

I get into the police officers car, and head to the apartment. When we get to the apartment I tell them to wait in the car as I get my stuff. I run up and grab one of mom's bags because don't have any. I grab the money she had saved which was about 5k but she won't need it because she's dead.

I then go to my room and grab my money about 2k and my cloths. After grabbing everything I need I leave the apartment and get back into the police officers car.

We drive to the station, they lead me to some chairs and tells me to wait there for my father to come pick me up.

I finally have enough time to think about what's actually happening. My mom is dead, and dad id coming to get me. After telling me that he didn't want to have any contact with me he's coming to get me?

Why. Why would he do that. He wanted nothing to do with me. He broke his promises, broke me. Now he's coming back?

I stop freaking myself out and pull out my phone. I start scrolling through TikTok. After about an hour I get tired and put my phone down. I get into the most comfortable position in the chair as I can get with my belly and fall asleep.

—————————————————————————

Fathers pov-

I am sitting at the table with my kids and wife for breakfast. Yes you heard me right. I got married about 3 years after my divorce. Her name is Amanda and she is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

2 years after we got married she got pregnant and had my son Tyler.

When I told her about Avery she was really mad at me. It was a year into us dating and I decided that I should tell her I have a daughter. She was so upset that she refused to talk to me for weeks.

When she did talk to me she scolded me about abandoning my daughter. I already felt really bad about it but she made me understand more of my actions. I tried to call Avery but she blocked me. She blocked her brothers to.

I know I hurt her but I was in such a bad place after my divorce and loosing my daughter and when she called or texted me it just made it worse.

My sons saw that I was getting hurt with her calling me that they also started distancing themselves from her.

She had her mother so I knew that she would be ok.

When I told them what I said to her they got really upset especially when they found out they were blocked.

After a while they weren't so upset and we moved on as a family. I just hope that one day I can talk to her and she can forgive me.

We were talking before school and worked started.  We always have family breakfast and dinners.

In the middle of breakfast I got a call. I figured it was probably one of my workers because it was an unknown number so I picked it up.

"What!" I asked agitated because my workers know not to call me durning breakfast or dinner unless it's an emergency.

"Hello is this Mr.Volke?" The voice asked

"Yes this is who is this?" I asked making everyone look at me curiously.

"This is chief Smith from the West Coast police department. I have your daughter Avery Volke here. She is in need of a guardian as her mother has passed away. Are you willing to take her in? If not she will be put in foster care."

"Yes I will take her in. I'll be there by this afternoon." I said with a smile and hung up.

" What was that about?" My oldest son Alex asked.

"They have Avery. She's coming back."

Im coming Avery and I'll never let you go again.