19

Dante's pov-

If anyone would have asked me a year ago if I thought my baby sister would come back to us I would have said no.

Now if they asked if I thought she would come back and start dating my best friend who has never looked at a girl in their life I would have said absolutely the fuck not.

Here we are I guess. Don't get me wrong I'm really happy for them. After everything Avery has gone through she deserves someone to love her. Ace needed someone in his life to love other than his mom and sister. They needed each other and I'm happy that they also realized it.

Most people would be mad that my little sister stole my best friend. I'm not. I got 2 other bozos that keep me company just fine. They also hang out with us all of the time so it's not like I don't see them as much.

Ace will be a wonderful dad to the baby. He basically raised his sister while his mom had to work. He's done it all, and now that he's doing it out of primarily love and not necessity will make it more enjoyable for him.

We are currently watching a movie with everyone. Avery and Ace are cuddled on the nook of the couch together. I don't thing Ace is even watching the movie, rather he's watching her. Boring.

AJ is lying on the floor with a pillow propping his head up. He's got his hand behind his head. I honestly think he's asleep. I swear I heard him snoring.

Marco is sitting next to me on the couch. He's the one, with Avery that picked the movie. He is munching on some popcorn and intently watching the movie.

Suddenly Aces phone rings. Marco pauses the movie as we all look at him. He answers the call looking confused.

Ace listens to the person on the other end of the call, not responding at all. I think Avery can hear the person because her face morphs into one of confusion and anger.

Both Avery and Ace pop up from the spot on the couch and head for the door, not having to speak to one another just knowing what to do.

AJ seemed to wake up because he sits up looking at us with confusion. We watch as Ace grabs his keys, opens the front door, and leaves with Avery in tow.

"Well that was the weirdest thing that's happened in a while" AJ says laying back down.

Marco just nods before turning back on the movie and pretending like nothing happened.

Aces pov-

I'm watching a movie with everyone at Avery's house. Well I'm supposed to be watching the movie but I've been watching Avery instead. She's so cute.

Suddenly my phone starts ringing making my eyebrows scrunch up. Marco pauses the movie while I grab out my phone. I see it my mom calling.

I answer the call looking at Avery.

"Ace you need to come home now. Your dad just showed up randomly and is currently sitting on the living room couch. Ellie freaked out and ran to her room crying. You need to get here as fast as possible." She said thank you hung up.

I jump up with Avery on my tail. I grab my keys and head out the door to my car. As always I help Avery into the car before walking around to my side.

I start the car and start driving to my house. As much as I would love to speed I can't put Avery and the baby in danger.

It's silent in the car as we drive. Avery can since my anxiety so she grabs my hand pulling it into her lap. She starts playing with the rings on my fingers.

It calms me down enough and helps me get my mind off what's happening.

Why the actual fuck did my dad show up. He left 10 years ago because he couldn't deal with 2 kids and now he wants to come back?!

Mom had to stop her entire life just to take care of us and I basically raised my sister my myself. If he thinks he can just waltz in and everything will go back to normal he has another thing coming.

We pull up into the driveway and I stop the car immediately. I get out of the car and help Avery out after. Even if we are in a rush I will never let her be in danger.

We walk into the house and into the living room. There my mom is sitting on the chair across from the couch and my father silently. We stop at the doorway as I take in my father.

He looks exactly like I remember him, tho a little older. He is still handsome as ever, has a sharp jawline, and a little stubble covering his face. He was black curly ish hair. He is dressed in a suit and I see the gleam of a Rolex watch on his wrist.

They look up at us and I see my mom just trying to keep it together. I feel a tug at my arm and immediately look down at Avery.

"Are you ok love?" I question softly.

"Yeah I'm fine. Where is Ellie's room?" She asks in a whisper so only I can hear her.

"She's down that hall and in the left. Don't worry about going in the wrong room the other one on the left is the bathroom if you need it." I tell her.

I watch as she walks to the hallway and out of sight. When she finally leaves I look back at my parents.

"What the fuck are you doing here." I ask my father in a steal tone.