12

ACE'S POV!!!!-

I was really nervous about this date. I wanted to take her to meet my mom and sister first to make sure they got along. As much as I like Avery I have to put my family first.

They're the only family I have left and I can't bring in someone that they don't like or is mean to them. I don't think it will be a problem but you never know what people were like behind closed doors.

I told both my mom about the pregnancy. I didn't want her to think that Avery was lying to me or trying to trap me. She was very supportive and actually started crying.

She said that she was going to spoil the baby rotten and that Avery was her daughter. My mom is to loving but I guess that was how I was with her too.

I then had a conversation with my sister about how I wasn't replacing her and that she will always be my top priority. I helped raise her and am basically a father figure in her life.

She was ok with it all and was just concerned that Avery wouldn't like her. It made my heart hurt. She never knew her father because he didn't want another kid and she always thought that it was her fault. I tried to make her understand that it isn't but she sometimes doubts herself.

I packed up everything I needed to make the date extra special. I did a tone of research on what to do and saw that there is supposed to be a meteor shower tonight. Before dad left and mom used to stay home with me, we would go out to a field in the middle of nowhere and would watch the stars.

I leave and start heading to Avery's house. I start getting really nervous and hoped that she likes what I planned. What if she doesn't like my family or thinks that watching the stars is boring.

Before I have time to actually freak the fuck out I reach her house. I walk to the door and ring the bell. I can hear talking behind the door and wait for the door to open.

After about 2 minutes it finally opens and shows the prettiest girl I've ever seen. She's wearing a sweater and ripped jeans. The jeans fit her nicely and shows off all of her curves. The sweater makes her look smaller and more innocent.

I smile at her and take her hand as I wave goodbye to the men in the house glaring daggers at me.

I ignore them and lead her to the truck, having to help her up because of her height and the bump which makes it harder for her to lift herself up. When I'm sure she's comfortable I run to the drivers side and hope in.

I start the car and make sure she's buckled, but also that if we got into an accident it wouldn't squish the baby. After that I pulled out of the driveway and start the long way to the diner.

"Where are we going?" She asks looking at me with her eyebrows pinched together making me smile softly at her.

"It's a surprise. It's a little bit of a far drive so if you get tired you can nap until we get there." I say.

She doesn't say anything and just keeps looking at me. When she finally does talk it makes me look at her with amusement and adoration.

"At some point we have to get some meatballs." She says looking very serious.

"Why" I say in confusion but also because I want to know if it's one of those pregnancy cravings so I can have them in stock in case she wants some.

"Well Tyler asked if I could get him a meatball and then that made me want a meatball." She says still looking like she can't see how funny it is that she is just randomly asking for meatballs.

I chuckle lightly and reply "I'll get you and Tyler your meatballs don't worry."

She's so cute.

She looks out of the window. I decide to take a risk and put my hand on her thigh. She doesn't say anything but tenses up a little before her body goes back to normal and she continues looking out the window.

I'm gonna say that she doesn't mind and keep my hand there. Hopefully it doesn't back fire.

When we get to the diner I turn off the truck as she unbuckles her seat and goes to open the door. I stop her feeling uncertain again.

"First, never get out of the car before I can open the door for you, second, this is the diner my mom works at. She and my little sister are inside. We don't have to eat here but my little sister really wanted to meet you." I say anxiously waiting for her answer.

She lights up and nods excitedly. I smile and get out of the truck before jogging around to her door and help her down. I grab her hand and lead her into the diner.

When we enter the bell rings. I immediately look for Ellie, my little sister. I see her at the back booth coloring. I smile softly and then look for my mom who is walking up from the back.

She goes up to me but then goes around me to hug Avery. Avery looks startled for a second before she hugs her back. Mom backs away before coming up to me and messing up my hair.

"Mommm" I whine like a child as I fix my hair back to where it was. I hear a little giggle and look over to my princess who is giggling at my antics.

I smile at her and mom leads us to a table after taking our drink orders.

After she we keep talking, even when mom brings us our drinks, tho Avery says a very polite thank you.

Then she looks back at something and asks "Is that your little sister?"

I look to where she's looking and I see my Ellie coloring with crayons on a page. I nod and watch as Avery gets up.

I can't hear what she's staying but Avery's face lights up and she grabs her stuff and Avery's hand, walking to our table.

Avery lets Ellie in the booth first and then gets in. She makes sure Ellie is comfortable and has everything that she needs.

I look at Avery with love. Not only was her respectful to my mom but she was also very kind to my little sister.

She looks up at me and when she sees me staring she blushes slightly and looks back down at Ellie. She talks to Ellie most of the time but it doesn't bother me. I love that they get along.

When we leave Avery hugs both my mom and sister before me, and when I hug them they both whisper in my ear how much they love her. I smile, I'm so glad they get along.

I lead Avery outside to the truck and help her in again before getting in. I adjust the buckle again and then hit the road to the hill.

"Where are we going?" She asks looking confused.

"You don't think I would only take you out to eat did you? I have one more surprise." I say placing my hand on her thigh like before.

When we get to the hill I tell her to stay in the trunk as I pull all of the blankets and pillows from the back seats out and into the bed of the truck.

I set them up neatly and then get her, helping her out of the car once again. When she sees the back of the truck her face lights up.

I help her in and get comfortable before I finally get in. When I do I wrap my arms around her and pull her close, kissing her head.

We look at the stars for a while before we the comets starts raining down. When it does her eyes light up even more and she looks content.

I have to say this is the best date ever.

—————————————————————————
Gotta say this is probably one of the hardest chapters to write.

I tried to make both of the chapters line up. If it doesn't please tell me.

Thank you and happy reading!