18

Dad's pov-

This month has been really good. I got closer to Avery and we have gotten to a mutual understanding. She kinda forgives me for abandoning her while I do everything in my power to get her to forgive me.

We don't talk directly about it but I know it bothers her. I'm hopping to have a real conversation about it soon. I just don't want to stress her out.

With everything happening I just hope that she doesn't forget about us. I mean she is making her own family, and I just hope she doesn't leave us. Her brothers don't deserve it, I might though.

I sit at my desk and wait for Avery to get back from her date, remembering what happened last week.

Flashback-

Ace called me and said he had to talk to me. I really hope it has nothing to do with Avery. I know there talking and everything but she has been through so much and I don't want her to rely on someone for them to just leave.

Don't get me wrong Ace is a very nice kid, but she's still my baby girl.

I get lost in a daydream about baby Avery before I hear a knock on the door. I yell at the person to come as I lean back in my chair.

Ace walks in confidently but I can see the unease on his eyes. "Hello sir." He says very professionally after closing the door and standing In front of my desk.

I raise my eyebrows at his choice of words. I have known his since he was 10 and he's never called me sir.

He seems to know what I was thinking because he answers my unasked question. "I'm trying to be professional when I ask you this. I don't want you to say yes because I'm your son's best friend or because you've known me for so long. Treat me like anyone else who's gonna be talking about your daughter."

I nod my head and look at him coldly, of course this was about Avery. This boy never talks about anyone else but his mom, sister, and now Avery.

I see him get slightly nervous as he starts talking again. "Sir I would like to take your daughter on another date and ask her to be my girlfriend. I would like your permission on this, but I would probably still ask her even if I don't get it." He says.

I nod my head already knowing that. I rub my stubble with my hand as I think about it. I mean if my baby is gonna date anyone he would be the best choice.

He patiently waits for me to think standing there watching me. Finally I look up at him and he seems to get really nervous because he moves his legs a bit. I trained him, I know what he does when he's nervous.

"Ok you can ask her, but if she says no you have to respect that. I also have rules." I say and he nods listening intently.

"1. If you ever take her somewhere, I need to be Informed. I don't care were you go just that you have her so I don't come home and she's just gone.
2. Respect her boundaries. I know how old you both are and that some things might happen. If she tells you she doesn't want to do something, I don't care what, and you don't respect it I will kill you.
3. When she has the babies you will not make her feel guilty ever. If you are still together you better love them like you love her. That baby already has the heart of everyone including her.
4. If you ever hurt her or the baby I will make your life a living hell before I torture and kill you.
5. I can always change and or add to there rules.

Any questions?" I ask

"No sir. If I ever hurt her I would hope you kill me." He says looking sincere. I just nod my head.

"Ok can we go back to me being your son's best friend?" He asks rubbing his neck sheepishly.

I nod my head and smile at him. I know that he thinks of me as his dad after his left. I've tried to make him feel like he could always come to me, and he only has once when he needed a job to help him mom.

He sits down the one of the seats in front of me before speaking "Well I really need some advice, I mean I don't know what to do. She's been through so much and I don't know how to help her. I mean she doesn't mind me touching her but everyone else can't. I mean that's a huge responsibility. What if I fuck it up?"

His head is down and he's rubbing his head. I get how the kid feels, I mean I also feel like that.

"I know how you feel. What you can do is just be there for her. If she needs something get it, if she needs you to kill someone do it. You learn in marriage that as long as you do what they want your life will be happy. If you don't it's not. It's the same for dating but on a smaller scale. Just make sure she knows that you love her and would do anything for her." I say getting up and patting his back before walking out of the office and letting him think about what I said.

Present-

I hear the front door open downstairs, and I get up and start walking there. I see Avery and Ace kiss goodbye before he leaves.

She closes the door with a giant smile on her face.  I see she's wearing some of Ace's clothes and her hair is damp. Her bump is noticeable and it makes her look even prettier "I assume the date went well then" I ask walking down the stairs.

"It was amazing dad! He took me to the beach and we had amazing Lasagna before we went in the ocean and then he asked me to be his girlfriend!" She says in a rush as she walks up and hugs me tightly.

"I'm glad you had fun baby" I say kissing her head.

"Daddy do you wanna watch a movie together? I don't think I con go to sleep just yet." She asks still holding on to me.

"Sure baby let's go." I say following her to the movie room. She picks out a movie and cuddles up to me with a giant blanket around us.

I don't watch the movie, but my baby. She moved so her head was resting in my lap and she was laying on the couch. She fell asleep a little bit ago. I missed this. Where everything was carefree.

I hope are relationship only gets better from now on.