8

Fathers pov-

After calming myself down I get up from the floor, carefully lifting Avery up with me. She doesn't move much thankfully.

She's really light for her age even if she wasn't pregnant. I'm gonna have to book some doctor's appointments to make sure she's ok along with the baby.

I will never forgive myself for not protecting my baby but I will now and I'll protect her baby too. I was selfish only thinking about myself and not her too. I won't let that happen again.

Dante's pov-

I feel so bad for causing Avery to have a panic attack. I was the only one she trusted and I hurt her.

At least dad knows about the pregnancy now so he can help. I know I was pretending that I had it all under control but really I was freaking out.

I didn't want to tell anyone and loose her trust but I also had no idea what to do. I'm only 17 I don't have a clue about babies.

Dad's gonna ground me forever but I don't care. I let my baby sister be a second choice and that will never happen again. I'd rather shoot myself than leave her when she needs me again.

Alex's pov-

I feel so bad. I freaked out at the gas station when she was talking to that guy because she's at the age now where she'll start dating and will leave us again. We just got her back.

When she told us she wanted to go on a date with him I could help but panic. I lost her already I didn't want to loose her again.

I know I said some terrible things but I didn't know what else to say to make dad listen to me. I have to fix what I did before my baby sister doesn't want to have a relationship with me anymore.

Elijah's pov-

I know I haven't spent any time with my sister but I can't help it. What if she gets taken away again?

I could barely stand the first time she left. I know I'm happy in front of others but inside I couldn't take it.

Dad started working a lot to keep himself from thinking about it. He wouldn't come home till really late and would leave early in the morning.

Alex stepped up to make sure we were cared for. I didn't want to go to him with my problems because he basically dropped his entire life for us. What are my problems compared to his?

Dante got worse at controlling his anger. He would get into fights and almost got kicked out of elementary school because he was labeled a "bully".

I got really depressed. I know I looked happy on the outside but in the inside I wanted to kill myself. After a while I stared using pain killers to try to numb myself. I also started cutting.

I'm better now. I learned that it wasn't normal and that I needed help. I got help and am now in medical school so I can help other people like they helped me. I probably would have killed my self if I didn't get help.

Seeing my sister having a panic attack made me think back to when I was stuck fighting a battle inside my brain that no one else saw. I could see it in her now.

The panic in her eyes when Alex and Dante started yelling or when I tried touching her arm to get her to snap out of it.

I never thought my sister would be scared of me but that was proven wrong today. I will do everything in my power to never see that scared look on my sister's face from me ever again.

Amanda's pov-

I can see that she needs a mom in her life. Anyone could if they saw how she hid herself in her clothes and looked unsure of everyone around her.

I thought it was just because of confidence issues, not that she was actually scared. I bet that's why people say not to assume.

When she panicked and backed away from Elijah I knew I was wrong. No one but me and Elijah seemed to be focused on Avery even tho this fight was about her.

When I saw her push herself into the wall and get into a fetal position with her hand protecting her head did I realize how scared she really was. She thought we were going to hurt her.

I was trying to get everyone to stop yelling without yelling myself but it didn't work. That's when I yelled at them to shut up.

That's when everyone saw what I was seeing. I want to be able to comfort her but I didn't want to freak her out more. I mean she just meet me. Hopefully one day she'll trust me enough to talk to me about things. For now I'll wait and build her trust so one day I can spoil the little girl I've always wanted.

Tyler pov-

I didn't know what was happening. I may be smarter for someone my age but that doesn't mean I now everything.

I was busy eating my pizza when I heard Alex start yelling. I think I entered the conversation to late because I was trying to understand what was going on by I just couldn't.

Then Dante started yelling and I knew that's never a good thing so I grabbed an extra slice of pizza and ran to my room.

I love my brothers but I have learned never to get in the middle of their fights. I rather eat pizza in my room and play video games.

—————————————————————————
Hello!

Kinda a shorter chapter in sorry. I just wanted to kinda give background on the characters and what they may be feeling.

I know I'm writing this book kinda casually but do know that abuse, rape, etc. are very serious subjects. Please know that you can always talk to me! (Tho it would be way better to talk to a trusted adult or police officer!!!)