21

Aces pov-

All I see is red. I don't think either one of them see it coming as I take a giant step forward and punch him in the jaw.

Mom screech's out and grabs his head between both of her hands and examining his jaw. I won't hit him again without a reason and she knows that.

I know I've been in the mafia life but I never thought that this would happen. I don't even know how to feel anything other than rage.

I look up from my father running a hand over my face. I see Avery standing in the doorway confused and a little afraid. Shit.

All my rage disappears and instead is turned into concern and regret. I slowly walk over to her, making sure but to scare her. I don't know how much she heard.

She doesn't back away from me and instead jumps into my arms and hugs me as tight as she can without squishing her belly.

I can feel my shirt get damp with her tears. I didn't mean for this to happen. Her father was supposed to tell her.

I lift her into my arms, instinctively her lags wrap around my body. I walk over to the recliner and sit down with her on my lap. I rub her back and kiss her head. I don't know what to do.

I mean how am I supposed to make this better for her. With everything that's happened to her? With all of the violence she's witnessed.

Her cry's slow down and finally stop, leaving her hiccuping every so often and looks up at me. The looks she gives me breaks my heart so much. There's so much pain in her eyes, but I can also see that she's scared. Of what I don't know what exactly but I could probably guess.

"Baby I don't know what's gonna happen but I promise you we'll be on. You will be ok. I won't let anything happen to you" I say as I wipe her tears with my thumb.

She nods. "Ok but I have a few rules" she says her voice a whisper. "You have to try your hardest to never hurt innocent people. You won't have any sex trafficking. Last is that you won't ever make the baby take over. He can if he wants to when he is older but if he doesn't you won't make him." She started the rules in a whisper but as she got to the end she was more determined.

"Anything for you baby" I kiss her head and cradle her to my chest. I place my cheek against her head and look at my parents.

Mom looks at me with pride and her with sympathy. Father just looks guilty. As he should.

I rock Avery back and forth until she eventually falls asleep in my arms, her face in the crook of my neck. I cover her with a blanket so she doesn't get cold look finally turn my attention back on the matter at hand.

"I will take over the mafia after you train me. I don't know what training involves but as you can see I have my hands full and a baby due in a month. I need to be with her at the end of the day by 6 no matter what. " I say.

I'm making this up. Every night for the past few weeks since we have started dating I've been at her house, in her bed, making sure she is ok. With her due date coming up I've been anxious.

Father nods in understanding. "Training consists of physical training, which I have no doubt you will finish in the first or second day, and the rest of it will be focused on how to run the mafia. We can do all of that here and you can be close to her at all times"

" I can start the day after tomorrow. Me and Avery have a baby doctor's appointment tomorrow." I say getting up with Avery in my arms.

I start heading for the door before I hear him speak again. " I'm proud of you."

I don't acknowledge him as I walk out the door, hearing it slam close behind me.

Avery's pov-

After Dante came into the room with me and Ellie I felt like he needed a little support while talking to his parents.

It was late already so I put Ellie to bed, which was surprisingly easy for how hipper she was only moments before.

I walk out of her room and into the living room hearing voices.

I'm in the doorway before I'm stopped by what Ace's dad says "I was also hoping to also start training you as soon as possible to take over the Mafia."

I'm frozen. The Mafia. As in the same one the kills people.

I watch as Ace takes a long stride toward his father before punching him in the jaw. I knew he could be violent I just never thought I would see that side of him.

He's always so sweet to me. It's hard to think that the same man that would get up at 3 in the morning to get me donuts is the same man that just punched his father.

His mom jumps at attention and grabs the dad's face making sure he's ok. Dante breaths out heavily and runs his hand over his face.

When he notices me in the hallway he walks over to me, trying not to scare me. I'm not scared of home though. I'm scared of what might happen to him.

I jump into his arms and cry. I cry for everything. I cry because I just got rid of the violence in my life. I cry because I know exactly why Ace wanted me to talk to my parents. And lastly I cry because Ace might get hurt or worse and i don't know what I would do without him.

After I finish crying I look up at him. He's looking down at me with so much love. "Baby I don't know what's gonna happen but I promise you we'll be on. You will be ok. I won't let anything happen to you" I say as I wipe her tears with my thumb.

I nod and start talking myself. "Ok but I have a few rules" I say in a whisper. "You have to try your hardest to never hurt innocent people. You won't have any sex trafficking. Last is that you won't ever make the baby take over. He can if he wants to when he is older but if he doesn't you won't make him." If this is going to happen why not make the most of it?

He kisses my head saying "Anything for you baby"

I start falling asleep in his arms as he rocks me like a baby. Not that I mind. The only thing I remember before falling asleep is a blanket being draped over me.