13

I woke up snuggled in my bed. I just lay there and think about what happened yesterday.

After the shooting stars stopped, Ace wrapped me into a blanket and carried me to the car as I giggled. He was so strong and could carry me even when I have gained at least 20 pounds from my pregnancy so far.

In the car he asked me what I was doing tomorrow, and I told him about the doctor's appointment that Amanda made for me.

He looked hesitant but asked me if he could come nonetheless. My face lit up. I was scared that he only liked me and that when the baby is born he would just still focus on me. Hearing that he cared about the baby made me really happy.

I obviously told him yes. After that conversation I looked out the window again, Ace's hand on my thigh. I got sleepy with the car ride and Ace gently rubbing my thigh I fell asleep.

Someone probably carried me to bed after Ace got to my house.

I look at the clock as see that it's 10. My appointment is at noon so I have some time.

I walk downstairs rapped in a blanket to get some breakfast and see everybody else still in the dinning room. When I walk in everybody looks at me expectingly.

I look at the like they're weird and grab myself some watermelon and pancakes. I eat and everybody is still looking at me.

After I finish my breakfast and they're still looking at me I get annoyed. "What?!" I finally yell out.

They all jump a little but then look shyly at me. Elijah is the one that spoke up. "We just wanted to know how your date was." He says scratching the back of his neck.

The annoyance immediately goes away and I start smiling. "It was amazing! We went to the diner that his mom works at and I met her and Ellie. We had the special which is soooo good! Then we went and watched the shooting stars! Ohh also he asked to go to the appointment and I said yes." I tell them super excited.

They look excited for me but also a little worried. "It's great that you like him so much, but do you think it's a good idea to get attached to him so quickly?" Dante says.

"What? I didn't think it was a problem. Has he said something to you? He's been nothing but nice to me. Is he going to leave me? I shouldn't have trusted him so fast. I'll call him and tell him he can't come to the appointment. If he isn't going to stay then I won't let him gaslight me into thinking that he does. I've been through enough. And screw you Dante for letting me go on a date with someone I really like but you knew didn't like me back." I say with tears streaming down my face.

They try to say something but I get up and walk out of the dining room. It seems over the top but I won't let anyone hurt me or my baby ever again.

I walk into the room still crying. I pick up my phone and call Ace. He picks up the second ring.
"Hey princess is everything ok? I was gonna head over to your house in about an hour." He says sounding concerned.

"I don't think you should come." I said hiccuping. "My family said I should get so close to you. I have been wondering why you would want to be with someone like me and I just figured out why. You don't." I say full on sobbing now. "I don't think we should see each other anymore. I can't trust someone again just for them to hurt me. I can't even trust my family." I say having to stop every few words because I'm crying so hard.

"No no no baby I promised that I would protect you remember." He sounded desperate and I could hear car keys in the background with a car turning on. "I had you meet my family. I haven't had anyone meet my family unless I really trusted them, which had been 3 people other than you. I don't know why Dante would say not to trust me but I promise I'm not here just to leave." He sounded so emotional I didn't know what to do. I was still sobbing and he could probably hear me.

"Please. I promise I'm not leaving. I want to be here for you and the baby." I'm still sobbing but I believe him. Yesterday was the best day of my life. He made me feel so happy. I don't trust my family, so why would I trust what they think about Ace.

"Ok" I say softly. I hear him sigh I relief and his car turn off. I hear him open his car door and then shut it.

What is he doing?

I then hear a door open and then people talking. He ignores them and keeps walking. That's when I hear steps coming to my room.

The door opens and there Ace is in all of his glory. He looks to have ran his hands through his hair a few times.

When he sees my tear streaked face his softens and he walks to me, picking me up and setting me on his lap. I curl up into him, hugging him like my life depends on it.

He kisses my head. That one thing makes my heart hurt again. How was I about to let this go because of my family who abandoned me?

"I'm sorry" I sob out.

He rocks me back and forth, telling me that it isn't my fault. I just nod and try to calm myself down.

He continues hugging me until then and even seems to hug me tighter sometimes.

When I calm down he finally says "I know I said I couldn't leave you but please don't leave me either. I don't think I can live without you."

"I won't. I don't know why I started to trust them but they just proved that I have to be careful. I don't think they wanted to make me freak out but I did. They don't understand what I've been through. Making me rethink all of my decisions isn't going to help. I trust you."

He nods and then puts me down on my bed. I watch him as he gets up and goes to my closet. He comes back with some leggings and a sweat shirt and tells me to put it on.

I go to the bathroom and put it on. I go back out and wait for him to tell me what to do. He's on the bed and pats the space in front of him, telling me to turn around. I plop down and starts playing with my hair.

He tells me he's done and I look in the mirror. He wasn't playing with my hair he was putting them into two French braids. I turn back to him and kiss him on the cheek. He smiles and grabs my hand.

"Come on we're gonna be late to your appointment." He says dragging me past my family who is just watching us and to his truck.

He helps me in and we set off to the appointment.