11 - 20

Chapter 11

In the main hall of the An family's old house.

An Nuan paused for a moment, then said, "Oh right, I'm guessing the reason Granny called me back today was to talk about my marriage to Gu Yan Sheng, right?"

Wen QingCui was taken aback, clearly not expecting An Nuan to have guessed.

Of course, it wasn't because An Nuan had experienced this in her previous life, after all nothing that happened last night had occurred in her previous life, so there was no hot gossip today. She was able to guess purely because the An family elders and the Gu family had been secretly colluding all along, trying to take over the inheritance rights from her father in the shadows.

Now An Nuan had embarrassed the Gu family, so Wen QingCui naturally wanted to come discipline her on the Gu family's behalf.

She just hadn't expected that An Nuan would be so hard to bully now, shutting down her old face in just a few words!

"I might as well be frank and tell Granny here that I did indeed accept a gemstone from Ye JingHuai last night, publicly embarrassing Gu Yan Sheng in front of everyone." As she spoke, An Nuan took out the dazzling blue sapphire.

The sparkling light, the perfect cut, plus its historical heritage and rarity in the world, made it irresistible to any woman. Even Wen QingCui couldn't help but look at it a few more times.

But in that moment, what she showed was a face full of disdain for An Nuan, "You're not even ashamed to admit it, simply shameless!"

"I had my reasons for accepting the gemstone. Firstly, we An family are merchants, merchants won't refuse a windfall falling from the sky. I had no reason to refuse Ye JingHuai's gift. Secondly, I knew very clearly that Granny is a gemstone collector, so when I saw this gemstone, I knew Granny would definitely like it. So if not for Ye JingHuai causing trouble, I would have bid on it. Although I didn't manage to bid on it, Ye JingHuai was willing to gracefully give it up, so I naturally accepted it gladly."

Wen QingCui still hadn't fully understood.

She then heard An Nuan say, "I had originally planned to give this gemstone to Granny."

Wen QingCui's eyes flickered slightly.

Clearly somewhat tempted.

She had also heard people mention this piece of jewelry before, but knowing she didn't have the ability to bid for it, she had never brought it up. Now it suddenly appeared before her, how could she remain completely indifferent?

"Don't show off here! Is mother-in-law such a worldly person?" Liu Feng hurriedly interrupted, in order to boost her own ego.

Wen QingCui glared fiercely at Liu Feng.

Truly a case of things going wrong despite best intentions!

From Wen QingCui's expression, An Nuan knew that she probably regretted it to death now. She likely hadn't expected that An Nuan would give her the gemstone.

But seeing that she had indeed brought the gemstone, she had no choice but to believe that An Nuan did intend to give it to her earlier.

At this moment, she was probably feeling even more uncomfortable inside.

An Nuan hurriedly echoed Liu Feng, "Aunt is right, how could Granny be so worldly? And you've said you absolutely won't go back on your word."

"Of course!" Liu Feng readily agreed.

Wen QingCui's face was so black it was practically purple.

An YanKun immediately understood what was happening, and hurriedly stopped his wife, "Enough, you've said enough."