211 - 220

Chapter 211

Operating Room.

Xiao Nanchen was pushed out by medical staff.

His face was extremely pale.

Fortunately, he was conscious at the moment.

Xiao Qiang hurried over and rushed to Xiao Nanchen's side. "Nanchen, how are you feeling? Is there any discomfort?"

For a moment, Xiao Nanchen forced a smile.

Clearly, it took a great effort.

Xia Qiqi also caught sight of Xiao Nanchen's smile.

Tears instantly welled up in her eyes.

She wondered if Xiao Nanchen would still be able to smile if he knew that her right leg was disabled.

Everyone accompanied Xiao Nanchen as they entered the VIP ward together.

The medical staff moved Xiao Nanchen to a bed in the ward and attached numerous monitoring devices to his body. They administered intravenous fluids before leaving.

Once they left,

No one else left either.

They all stayed with Xiao Nanchen, and no one showed any intention of leaving.

Xiao Nanchen was starting to find it difficult to watch. "I'm actually fine, apart from feeling a bit weak. You all can go back home first."

As soon as he spoke,

Xiao Qiang's tears began to flow uncontrollably.

At that moment, Xia Qiqi's eyes reddened again.

Clearly, she wasn't the type of woman who cried easily, yet tonight she seemed to have been crying all along.

"Mom, I'm really fine," Xiao Nanchen comforted Xiao Qiang at this moment.

It was heart-wrenching how considerate he was.

"Nanchen, you know..." Xiao Qiang couldn't bring herself to say the words.

But not saying it

Wasn't going to keep it hidden forever.

He would eventually find out.

She couldn't bear to watch him unknowingly console them.

Her heart was truly aching.

"What's wrong?" Xiao Nanchen seemed to notice something amiss at that moment.

Xiao Qiang sobbed uncontrollably.

She couldn't stop the tears from falling.

"Mom," Xiao Nanchen looked at her.

He probably also knew that he wasn't as fortunate as he thought in this car accident.

"Nanchen..." Xiao Qiang's voice choked up. She said, "No matter what you become, Mom won't despise you."

"What happened exactly?" Xiao Nanchen tried to keep himself calm. "What's wrong with my body?"

Xiao Qiang couldn't bring herself to say it for a long time.

The words were on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn't say them.

Xiao Nanchen waited for a while.

He began to examine his own physical condition.

He seemed to figure it out all at once.

He was disabled.

In a car accident, the biggest aftermath could only be one of two things.

Either disability or disfigurement.