91 - 100

Chapter 91

"So, what we're guarding against now isn't that An Xiao doesn't have the ability, but what if she does have the ability?" An Nuan asked An Yanyuan, "If she does have the ability, we have no reason to dismiss her. If so, with her and Big Uncle making waves together in An's, we'll have a hard time dealing with it."

"Does An Xiao have this capability?" An Yanyuan obviously didn't take An Xiao very seriously.

After all, An Xiao was an illegitimate daughter, and illegitimate daughters were simply unacceptable in high society. Even someone as cultured, knowledgeable and refined as An Yanyuan harbored prejudice towards An Xiao deep down.

Perhaps it was the deep-rooted feeling from the previous life that An Xiao would not be capable, which led to his lack of vigilance against her.

Little did he know, the final instigator of the An family's destruction was none other than An Xiao.

Now that she already knew everything in advance, why not make preparations ahead of time?!

"Dad, don't judge a book by its cover or measure the sea with a pint pot." An Nuan was very serious.

"Then what do you suggest we do?" An Yanyuan would still go along in the end, even though he didn't take it to heart.

But seeing his daughter so serious, he would play along.

"I'll go work at the company too." An Nuan smiled.

An Yanyuan was visibly shocked.

Li Yaju was also shocked.

Ye Jinghuai... was a bit shocked too.

He just looked at An Nuan meaningfully.

Looking at this woman, she had really changed thoroughly.

"I said before that I would help you." An Nuan was a little unhappy with their looks.

An Yanyuan quickly composed himself, "I'm just too happy. I was caught off guard for a moment. You've really decided to go work at the company? Go help your dad at the company?"

"Yeah, decided." An Nuan nodded.

She had decided long ago.

She just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Now that she was married too.

Alright.

Even if it was a marriage of convenience, it still counted as marriage, so she should go to the company and work hard.

"When will you join the company?" An Yanyuan was quite eager.

"Tomorrow..."

"What tomorrow or the day after." Li Yaju suddenly interrupted them, "Going to work right after getting married, how decent is that."

"Getting married and going to work don't really conflict..." An Yanyuan weakly refuted.

"Of course they conflict." Li Yaju righteously stated, "The first thing to do after getting married is to have a child. Nuan Nuan should start planning with Jinghuai right away and get pregnant as soon as possible. After having the first child, wait two or three years, then you can have the second child."

An Nuan almost choked on her own saliva because of what her mother said.

Giving birth to a child, what's that about.

She and Ye Jinghuai didn't have any kind of relationship right now...

She was clearly a little flushed, "Mom, how old am I, and you want me to have kids already, I'm still a kid myself."