51 - 60

Chapter 51

Gu Yan Sheng gazed intensely at An Nuan.

An Nuan smiled and spoke with a gentle tone, but her attitude remained firm.

He suppressed a powerful anger, concealing it within himself.

He had reached his limit. What more did An Nuan want from him?

He had given her all the face, humbling himself to this extent. What more did she expect from him?!

He asked, "What else do you want in order to marry me?"

There was a hint of anger in his words.

Perhaps he could no longer pretend.

An Nuan was aware of it too.

Gu Yan Sheng believed he had done everything possible, and if she still couldn't appreciate it, then it was her own fault.

She sneered, "Nothing you do will be enough."

"An Nuan, everything has its limits!" Gu Yan Sheng lowered his voice, gritting his teeth as he told her, "If you truly regret the marriage, there will be no possibility for us in the future. I swear I will never marry you again!"

"That's what I want," An Nuan replied nonchalantly, unaffected by Gu Yan Sheng's emotions.

"An Nuan!" Gu Yan Sheng's anger surged, and for a moment, he was on the verge of exploding completely. "Everything I've done for you, even kneeling in front of so many people, was it all just to embarrass me? You never considered forgiving me, you never considered continuing with the wedding?!"

"Yes," An Nuan admitted without hesitation.

Everything she did was to retaliate against the cruelty he had inflicted on her in her previous life!

Clearly.

It wasn't enough.

She was merely victorious in this initial battle.

"An Nuan, you better not regret the words you said and the things you did today!" Gu Yan Sheng threatened fiercely.

"I will never regret it!"

At that moment, Gu Yan Sheng was pushed to his limit by An Nuan's audacity.

The thought of how he had humiliated himself for this woman, doing so much for her in front of so many people, only to be played by her, by this despicable person An Nuan, he couldn't bear it any longer.

His suppressed anger began to burst forth, bit by bit.

Just when it was possible for him to completely disregard his image and explode at An Nuan...

"An Nuan, that's enough!" It was Wen QingCui's sudden roar.

An Nuan narrowed her eyes and coldly stared at her.

And then, in the next moment...

Perhaps it was in that next moment that Gu Yan Sheng would have been pushed to his limit, that he would have done something to utterly ruin his reputation. But at that moment, he was abruptly stopped by Wen QingCui.

The aura that she suddenly emitted even startled Wen QingCui herself.

She truly couldn't believe that this chilling presence could come from An Nuan.

That moment even made her vaguely recall the appearance of An Nuan's grandfather, the inherent aura of a ruler, the ability to command without anger!

And suddenly, she seemed to understand why An Nuan's grandfather had adored her from a young age.