31 - 40

Chapter 31

Banquet hall.

After Ni Lan had given her present.

She thought that would be it.

After all, at a birthday banquet like this, unless you were especially close, you certainly wouldn't prepare a separate gift.

But then she suddenly heard Ye Lu Ping's wife, Yun Yu Qing, say, "Just in time, I've also prepared a gift for YaJu."

Li YaJu was clearly somewhat moved, "You're all too polite."

"It's just a small token." As she spoke, Yun Yu Qing also took out a gift box from her own exquisite little bag, and while opening it she said, "I saw earlier you weren't wearing anything on your wrist, so just like LanLan, I picked out a bracelet for you. See if you like it?"

Yun Yu Qing took it out.

A strand of sapphire gemstone bracelet, drew everyone's attention in an instant.

One look and you could tell, it was priceless.

And not at all on the same level as the one Ni Lan had given.

Even Ni Lan was stunned by the bracelet before her eyes.

"Why not try it on?" Yun Yu Qing said.

"It's too precious." Li YaJu hurriedly declined.

"It's not expensive, not expensive. Today you look so beautiful, I was even worried this bracelet might not match up to you." Yun Yu Qing said on purpose.

Clearly an offhand remark.

But it did really make Ni Lan lose face.

As if mocking that the bracelet she had given was completely undeserving of Li YaJu.

Making Ni Lan's face flush red then white.

"You're too kind, I'm embarrassed." Li YaJu looked rather shy.

"Here, let me put it on for you."

"Thank you." Of course she couldn't refuse with everyone present.

Once put on, although on different hands, compared to Ni Lan's bracelet, it really did look far too common and low class, a bit unsuitable.

Ni Lan was truly embarrassed in that moment.

"Don't you think, it matches very well with your crown." Yun Yu Qing quickly praised, "I didn't expect my youngest son to have such good taste."

"Jinghuai picked it?" Li YaJu seemed pleasantly surprised.

At this time Ye Jinghuai was not present either, socializing with his two older brothers.

An Nuan at this moment, couldn't help but glance over in that direction.

Looking over.

The man chatting and drinking over there clearly also looked back at this moment.

As if...he had been paying attention to her the whole time, so the moment she looked at him, their eyes met first thing.

An Nuan retracted her gaze.

Pretending to listen intently as the elders continued chatting.

"I didn't expect Jinghuai to be so thoughtful, and even willing to go shopping with you. I heard boys his age are usually reluctant to accompany their parents." Li YaJu actively made small talk.

"Only kids who don't know better are like that. My YanSheng, whenever he has time, is always willing to accompany me." Ni Lan did not forget to praise her own son.