24. | Victims

- R O C C O -

Ripping open the box of strapping bandages, I take a single bandage out and wrap it around my arm.

A bullet had grazed my arm earlier causing a cut to rupture.

After a long exhausting day of tracking down locations after locations we finally get to rest.

Saving countless women and children today made me think of my own sister. I can't help but want to be home, to see her, to hear her voice, to make sure she's okay.

So many human trafficking victims were saved by us today, yesterday and days before that.

The look of freedom that decorated their faces were priceless. We sacrificed our daily lives for a good cause.

"Enzo! There's a fucking bug in my room!" Julius's voice echoed throughout the hallway.

Every week we had to relocate to a different airbnb in fear of someone tracking us down.

"What do you want me to do about it? Fucking kill it." Lorenzo snickered.

I rolled my eyes at the sound of their bickering.

In a matter of a few days or even weeks we would be home, we managed to tackle more trafficking spots than we thought we did.

We would be home soon.

I'd get to see my sister, Nova. Having to do this mission was quite strain on me, and my brothers too.

Seeing so many women similar in age as my sister made me astound. All I wanted to do was keep my sister in my arms forever and never let her go, never let her face the dangers we find in this world.

A bit of ease still settled in me knowing we left her in the care of someone trustworthy.

"I'll keep your sister safe, I'll make sure of that." Sirius muttered with eyes that spoke nothing but the truth.

"Thank you, I'll trust you with her." I nodded and thanked him.

He nodded his head in response but I quickly glared at him. "If you try anything with my sister I'll personally kill you myself."

"I don't have any feelings for her, you don't need to worry about anything happening." He said but I didn't believe him.

"Just keep her safe." I said lastly before giving him a nod and walking out the door.

If anyone could see the way he looks at her, you'd undoubtedly see nothing but devotion.

His mouth said one thing but his eyes said another.

I knew that look all too well. Especially when there was a time that I looked at someone the same way.

I promised myself I would never fall in love but I broke it and everyday would I still pay the consequences of breaking that promise.

Anyone could see the affection he held for my sister. You had to be dumb enough not to see it.

The way his eyes would soften everytime Nova spoke to him said more than I already knew.

Even the way he would stare at her as if her eyes held treasures.

But I was afraid, I didn't want them ending up in the same position I was in.

Or still am in.

I'd never want either of them to go through what I went through for the past 8 years and counting.

Hiiii!!!

You all are in for some Rocco drama!

There will be a book dedicated to Rocco,

Also you can scroll, there's another chapter!