27. | My fault

- R O C C O -

In a few days time we would all be back home. My suitcases were already packed, that was how ready I was to go back home.

Everyone else started packing their bags a few hours ago.

"Roman! Did you steal my shirt? I swear it was here a goddamn minute ago." Lorenzo shouted all the way from his room.

The door to my room is practically thrown open by Julius making me scowl at him.

"One day you're face is going to permanently stay like that because of how much you do that." He snickered as I flipped him off.

"What do you want?" I blurt and continued scowling at him.

"It's back." He muttered once he shut the door close.

My eyes widened in realization.

"The flashbacks are back." He muttered once more before he darted his eyes from the floor and to me.

"Come here." I said, my voice softer than it was a few seconds ago.

He strolled over to me and stood next to my bed making me roll my eyes once again.

I motioned with my eyes to the bed, making him sit down.

"Look at me." I said as my hand rested on his shoulder. "It's not your fault okay? Don't blame yourself for something you did not do." I mutter to him, tears welled up in his eyes.

This was a hard topic to grasp. I knew it all to well.

Our mothers death was out of his control, it wasn't his fault. Nor was it anyone else's.

But her death, it was all my fault.

Emery's death was all my fault. Everyone can tell me it wasn't my fault but deep down I know, I know I was the cause of her death.

Having to live with the guilt everyday is like daggers stabbing your chest ever single moment.

I couldn't imagine the pain Julius has to live through everyday, when I feel this kind of grief I can only imagine his.

"You're a good person Rocco, don't tell yourself otherwise." Julius's voice snaps me back into reality.

"Since when did you become my therapist?" I croaked a brow at him.

"Shut up." He huffed.

...

"Are you trying to kill me?" Lorenzo muttered as he stared at the Rigatoni.

"Pasta's not going to kill you Lorenzo." I rolled my eyes.

"His allergic to tomatoes you dumb fuck." Julius muttered and shook his head with a laugh.

"Why'd I make dinner." Roman huffed quietly as I kept down my laugh.

"Because you're the only one here that can actually cook." Enzo snickered and sticked his fork into the pasta and began eating.

My mouth shot open, ready to ask Lorenzo if he was crazy in every language possible.

"Relax, I have a epi-pen." Enzo said and quickly ate before his allergy breaks out.

" Enzo said and quickly ate before his allergy breaks out

Double update!!!!