25. | Menacing

- N O V A L I A -

Applying the last coat of mascara, I grab my jacket and stroll out of my room.

Surprisingly Sirius stood next to the counter, leaning against it with his eyes glued to his phone.

Within a second his eyes meet mine and a gentle smile spreads across his face.

"Finally." He grinned making me roll my eyes at him.

Our fridge was empty, really empty. The only thing inside it was a ice tray.

So today we decided to go shopping.

"I was looking for my mascara, thought I lost it. I need to get myself a new one too." I blabbered as he watched me in amusement.

"You don't need any make-up, you look beautiful with or without it. Now let's go." He said and shook his head, my cheeks probably flared with redness.

He tugged my hand, making me follow him out the apartment door.

He quickly locked it and headed over to the lift.

We took the lift down to the parking garage and as always, we drove in his car.

"Did I lose my sunglasses too?" I muttered and searched my purse for them.

"It's in the glove box compartment." Sirius said and opened the glove box  revealing not one but three pairs of my sunglasses.

We've always taken his car everywhere we go so practically most of my things were obviously going to be in his car.

"My babies!" I cooed and chose the simple black framed sunglasses.

"How do I look?" I smiled widely and turned to Sirius.

"Like a person with sunglasses." He shrugged, his lips curving in amusement.

I scoffed and turned my head, looking forward, paying no attention to him.

"Alright fine." He grinned, "You look beautiful, you always do." He said, making me smile widely once again.

My head turned to his, staring at his alluring side profile with a unfamiliar feeling settling in my chest.

"It wasn't that hard to give a compliment now was it?" I sassed at him.

"You're beauty makes me speechless, can you blame me?" He quirked, turning his gaze from the road and to me.

"You should keep your eyes on the road. If I was a police officer I'd suspend your license." I huffed nodded to myself

"Oh yeah?" He chuckled with a smug look.

...

"I'll go get a cart." Sirius said and walked towards the carts as I walked through the store and into a aisle that held perfumes.

I inhaled the delicate smells, my eyes raking over every perfume.

"Do you need help?" The strange voice brings me out of my little fascinated withdrawal.

I look up to find a boy, who wore employee clothing. His icy blue eyes staring into mine, making me dart my eyes around him.

"I'm okay thank you." I muttered and tried to move around him but his hand wrapped around my wrist making me halt.

"Can I help you?" My body immediately relaxed at the sound of Sirius's voice, my head swiftly turning to look back at him.

The boy quickly let go of my wrist, getting Sirius's attention.

Sirius came walking nearer, his arm snaking around my waist, pulling against him.

My back meeting his chest.

"Walk away." Sirius said, his voice firm.

He didn't need to raise his voice to be menacing.

Within seconds the boy walked away not sparring us a glance.

The aisle was empty now that he was gone.

Sirius quickly stood infront of me, his hands on either side of my face.

"Are you okay? He didn't do anything right?" He asked and I quickly nodded.

"I'm okay, you came just in time." I smiled reassuring before he nodded, pulling me into his chest and placing a kiss to my head.

" I smiled reassuring before he nodded, pulling me into his chest and placing a kiss to my head

Hope you all enjoyed the chapters! :)