43. | Brothers.

- S I R I U S -

My body falters into a wave of shock as words pours out of Nathaniel's mouth.

"She was my mother? Vera was my mother?" Many things run through my mind.

All the unsolved dots finally solved and connected.

When I was sent to live with Vera, my mother, it was only ever Nathaniel and I.

We were the only kids there.

The same hatred she held for me was the same hatred she held for Nathaniel.

Infront of me stood the younger brother I had no idea of.

They've never told me about him, my mother and father, They've never uttered a word about him.

Suddenly anger struck within me.

I was going to get my answers, whether it came from my mother or father, I was going to get the answers I needed.

"Let me go now, I'm told you enough." Angelo snickered.

"Yeah right." Nathaniel scoffed and this time pulled a gun from his waistband.

He lodged the gun in his back and with one flick he slumped to the ground.

Nova pressed her body tightly against mine as Angelo's dead body fell to the ground with thud.

No piercing sound echoed the room and realization cleared across the room.

He used a silencer.

I immediately stood up and offered my hand for Nova to grab.

She grabbed it as I helped her up as gently as I possibly could, not wanting to rupture any wounds.

"Come on, we need to get out of here." Nathaniel muttered, looking over at me as I nodded.

Within a swift second Nova's arms wrapped around me tightly as her head pressed against my chest.

"Get married already jeez." Nathaniel snickered as I threw him a glare.

Nova laughed softly as my hard glare softened.

"I'm going to need you two to put these on so we don't look suspicious." Nathaniel said as he grabbed handkerchiefs from his pocket.

"What are you doing Nate?" I groaned.

"Just trust me on this one brother." Nathaniel grinned and tied the cloth over my eyes and around my mouth, doing the same to Nova.

"I'm going to place you hands behind your back so it looks like I'm escorting you both somewhere." He said as I hoped the plan worked.

He tugged my hands behind my back as he began pushing me forward, motioning for me to walk.

He quickly let go of my hands as I heard him dart somewhere. The walls rattled and I immediately knew he had gone to open the door.

His hand tugged my wrists once again as both Nova and I walked in whatever direction Nathaniel was directing us into.

Once we walked through the doors it shut close behind us.

"Sir wants me to escort these fuckers to Northern Warehouse." Nathaniel mutters as I step on his foot.

"Northern Warehouse?" An unfamiliar voice laughed.

"It's best that I get going now." Nathaniel said as he tugged us both forward.

We walked, our footsteps echoing across the room hastily.

"Watch out there's a step." It was to late I already stumbled forward.

"Nathaniel I'm going to fucking slap the shit out of you." I muffle out and regain my balance.

Nova laughs at my side and so does Nathaniel.

The fresh breeze of air hits my face as I walk onto a surface that feels somewhat like sand and gravel.

"You can remove your blindfolds now." Nathaniel mutters as he releases our wrist.

I tug my blindfold off and unwrap the cloth from my mouth.

My eyes blink rapidly as I take in the bright skies and light.

My eyes moves to Nova as I immediately scan her figure making sure she was alright.

I bring my lips to hers, kissing her.

It wasn't a quick kiss, it was a deep one, one that stole every fragment of oxygen left in our bodies.

I pulled away, resting my forehead on hers as we regain our breath.

"Are you okay my love? Can you walk further?" I mutter as I stare at her.

She nods against my head, "I'm okay." Her reassuring smile spreading through her lips.

"I'm here too you know." I roll my eyes and look back.

"You want a kiss too?" I taunt.

"Eww no." He snickers as I smirk.

"Thought so." I laugh.

"Where do we go from here?" I ask, looking around.

"Follow me." He grins as he darts towards the forest trail.

I intertwined my fingers with Nova's as we run behind him and into the forest.

My eyes rakes at the little shine reflecting from Nova's dress.

I laugh as the sight of her earring dangling from her dress.

I tug at it and it comes off from her dress as I laugh.

She looks at me and then at my hand and gasp.

"My earring!" She exclaims.

"What's so important about a earring." We hear Nathaniel snicker.

"It has microchips in, they can find us Sirius!" She smiles widely as her words began to slowly make sense.

"We need to get out of this forest then." I mutter as I grab her hand and start running, following the trail.

We past Nathaniel as he matches our speed.

We're dodging and ducking from all the branches and tree leaves blocking our way and I'm beginning to think we're playing a game of subway surfers.

We see a glint of sun rays nearby and I breath in relief.

We make it out of there, thankfully and come across a highway that has little to no cars.

"Do you have a phone?" Nova asks Nathaniel as he shakes his head.

"I was a prisoner too." He mutters as my heart tugs.

Suddenly a car drives in the distance, it's windows were tinted fully black.

We begin waving as the car speeds towards us and stops infront of us.

The doors slams open as Rocco runs out first and throws his hands around Nova holding her tight.

I'm so sorry for the wait! I hope you all enjoyed the double update!

Take care everyone!