34. | Email.

- L O R E N Z O -

Leaning back into my office chair, I stare at the email on my laptop screen sharply.

It wasn't even a full day that we've been home and we were already invited to a ball.

A mafia ball to be specific.

Shutting the screen to my laptop close, I I get up from my chair and walk our the door of my office, making my way downstairs.

Julius and Roman were both playing video games while arguing over who won previously.

"Stop fucking cheating Roman!" Julius shouted at Roman, jabbing him in the side.

"Sore loser." Roman muttered.

I cleared my throat, covering my laugh.

"Oh hey Enzo." Julius smiled.

"Where are those two? There's an event I have to discuss about." I asked and took a seat onto the couch, rolling the sleeves of my shirt just below my elbows.

"They're both upstairs." Roman said and put his controller down after winning Julius another round.

"Cheater." Rocco snickered and placed his controller right next to Roman's.

"Suck it up buddy," I chuckled and patted his shoulder.

...

Nova took a seat next to me as Rocco sat next to Julius.

I cleared my throat, "There's a ball tomorrow, and we're invited."

"Do we have to go?" Julius groaned.

I nodded my head, "We have to, unfortunately." I add.

"Nova too?" Rocco asked as a annoyed look painted his face.

"Nova too." I nodded.

Before Nova could ask her question I already knew what she wanted to say.

"I'll order your dress, it'll be here in the morning." I said, a excited grin forming on her face.

"And you're to stay with us throughout the entire gathering, no wondering around." Rocco added making her roll her eyes.

"Or you'll stay at home." He added.

"Fine!" She groaned.

- N O V A L I A -

Yawning softly, my mind wonders back to our conversation earlier.

"And you're to stay with us throughout the entire gathering, no wondering around."

My chest tightens at the paranoia Rocco seemed to have ever since his late girlfriend, Emery was killed.

She was killed 12 years ago. And yet he still seems to carry the same fear with him everyday.

He's always been overprotective with me but ever since her death it's like the he's just gotten more protective.

Her death has always been a sore subject for us all.

She wasn't just my brother's girlfriend, she was like a older sister to me.

Sighing softly, I turn onto my side, trying to fall asleep but struggling drastically.

Even though I was tired, I still couldn't fall asleep.

I groaned, annoyed before I hoped out of my bed and padding my way over to Enzo's room.

I quietly opened his door and found him fast asleep.

"Enzo." I whispered and shook his arm lightly.

But he didn't move, not even a slight bit.

I huffed, "Enzo." I shook him again, successfully getting him to wake up.

"What happened?" Enzo groaned, looking me up and down as if I got hurt.

"I can't sleep." I mutter.

He smiled softly, opening his arms, making me grin widely.

I quickly flopped onto his bed, snuggling right next to him.

I felt a kiss bring pressed against the side of my head as I felt myself slipping into a deep sleep.

Hi everyone! It's a double update so you can scroll!