009

" okay now from the scene where Julis dad comes to her before the tree gets chopped off - three two one action !"

It seemed like the whole town was there. But still, I wouldn't move. Then my father showed up. He talked a fireman into letting him come up to where I was.

"Sweeite, it's time to come down," hee fathers voice echoed up the tree, filled with concern.

"Daddy, please don't let them do this," I pleaded, tears welling up in my eyes as I clung to the sturdy branch, my fingers white with tension.

"Sweetie, it's time to come down," fathers voice softened, but firm.

But I couldn't budge. "Daddy, look. You can see everything. You can see the whole world from here," I implored, my voice trembling with fear.

"No view is worth my daughter's safety. Now, come on," he insisted, his eyes filled with worry.

I shook my head, tears streaming down my cheeks. "I can't," I whispered, feeling overwhelmed by the situation.

"Julianna, it's time to come down now," Dads voice got louder

"Please, Daddy," I sobbed, feeling torn between my love for the tree and my family's worry.

"It's time, sweetheart. You need to come down now," my father started comforting tone urged me, but I couldn't bring myself to let go.

"I just... I can't leave," I choked out, feeling helpless and scared.

"Listen, sweetheart. No view is worth risking your safety. Please, come down," Daddy's voice was firm, but filled with love and concern.

With a heavy heart, I finally relented, slowly making my way down from the tree as my family waited anxiously below.

For two weeks straight, she found herself engulfed in tears, unable to focus on anything else, even at school.

In class, when her teacher called her name, Juli's mind drifted away from the lesson at hand. "Juli?" the teacher prompted, trying to get her attention.

"Huh?" Juli snapped back to reality, her thoughts still consumed by the absence of the tree.

"Do you know the answer?" the teacher asked, pointing to the chalkboard.

"Uh, the Peloponnesian War?" Juli guessed half-heartedly, trying to muster some semblance of participation.

Laughter erupted from her classmates at her seemingly random response, but Juli couldn't bring herself to care. To her, rhomboids and isosceles right triangles seemed trivial compared to the gaping hole left by the tree's absence.

" maybe in some other lesson that may be the answer but I was looking for the answer of a right angle triangle "

~💌~

When Juli returned home, her father noticed her subdued demeanor. Knocking gently on her door, he asked, "Are you okay?"

"It was just a tree," Juli replied softly, her voice laced with sadness.

But her father knew better. "No, it wasn't just a tree," he insisted. "I never want you to forget how you felt when you were up there." He said handing her a painting of the tree

"Thanks, Dad," Juli whispered, giving him a hug

It was the first thing I saw every morning... and the last thing I saw before I went to sleep. And once I could look at it without crying I saw more than the tree and what being up there meant to me. I saw the day that my view of things around me started changing.