{Chapter 9}

Pershendetje! (That is hello in Albanian....can you pronounce it cuz I can't)

How did you guys like that bullying in the last chapter? This one might be a little boring but I figured it was time for some character development for someone other than Carla. :)

Enjoy lovelies!

*********************

Carla left the Nurse's room with a tardy excuse slip in her hand and headed to French III. Thankfully she didn't share it with either Sam or Ridian and was able to avoid them until Digital Imaging where she shrugged off their invasive questions with vague answers of being sick. They both seemed to buy and Sam continued on chatting her life away about nothing.

Ridian on the other hand seemed to give Carla more than one suspicious look but didn't press it. Once towards the end of the class he seemed to sniff the air and recoil at an unpleasant smell causing panic to run through Carla's veins on the track of a fast pulse. He never said anything and seemed to forget about it causing her in turn to calm down.

Carla quickly walked from her locker away from the school's front doors. She didn't want to have to face Ridian and Sam again on the walk home and had decided to wait them out in the library. At least this way she could not lie to them and be productive at the same time.

When she entered the library she inhaled deeply, enjoying the crisp smell of paper and unopened books. Untapped knowledge as she like to call it. Smiling at the crusty little librarian at the front of the library she made her way to one of the tables in the back near the autobiography section. It was quiet since no one ever came over there and out of sight of the door and the librarian.

Humming an Arctic Monkeys song softly to herself she unpacked her class materials before taking out her iPod to listen to the real thing. Once the steady beat of "Yellow Bricks" was beating in her eardrums she proceeded to tackle first her chemistry lab homework before rewriting her book analysis essay for Latino Literature.

They'd just finished discussing "Always Running" by Luis Rodriguez. The story of a chicano from gang life who made something of himself. It was lot more deep and analytical than it sounds. After they finished they had to analyze its relevance with being an american and Carla was really struggling with her definition.

Just as she was about to crumple up the lined paper and throw it across the room a large figure smelling of The Body Shop's body wash slid into the seat next to her. She looked up curious at who was interrupting her work; Peter. He was of course, on his phone.

"Can I help you?" she asked instantly annoyed at his present, her eyes furrowed in a brow.

"Yes you can," another voice sounded from her right. She turned to face the voice, an eyebrow already raised.

"Chris?" she asked in confusion.

"In the flesh," he responded with a smirk as he leaned back in the chair. "How goes it babe?"

"Babe?" Carla questioned in bewilderment.

"Leave her be Chris. You know she's a taken woman," Peter said in a dull tone from her left.

"Babe?" Carla repeated still stuck on the endearment.

"Ahh right!" Chris exclaimed clapping his hands together loudly. "Too bad, we could have had so much fun," he cooed stroking Carla's chin while he licked his lips. She smacked his hand away with a glare but before she could shush him the librarian rounded one of the shelves, beady brown eyes narrowed and mad as they peered out from horn rimmed glasses.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave Christian. We do not condone loud voices inside the library," she hissed out with her arms crossed in evil triumph. Carla snickered as Chris rose to his feet, a playful smirk still plastered on his face as he exited giving the librarian a wink that made her wrinkled little cheeks blush.