{Chapter 4}

The week flew by and suddenly it was Friday night. Carla and Ridian having gotten closer, had been nearly inseparable the entire week. He would walk her from class to class if he could, and he usually could since they shared many classes together to Carla's delight.

Ridian was often jumping up from behind her in scare pranks or playing with her hair. Their conversations were filled with joking and snarky banter. Carla was happy. He joined her and Sam at their lunch table but only had eyes for Carla which she was absolutely oblivious to, much to Sam's disappointment.

Many of Sam's lunch periods would wind up with Ridian and Carla talking animatedly to each other in a heated discussion with passion and light shimmering in each others eyes as Sam watched them smirking but actually sincerely happy for her friend finding love. He would walk Carla home from school, sometimes even carrying her bag if he could coax it off of her before leaving down the two blocks to Sam's house, his new home.

Carla found herself falling more and more for Ridian. There was no doubting it. She had only known Ridian for a week but it was more than enough time before she wanted to do nothing but drown in the grey storm that flashed in his eyes. Only a week but being inside his arms already felt like home.

Whenever his face got near hers the only thing she could see were his lips, pink and looked soft to the touch. She, having never fallen for anyone before was slightly scared at the power this new emotion held over her and they way it dominated her life, her thoughts, and the way she acted.

Shaking her head to clear her mind of thoughts of Ridian, Carla straightened her top. She was wearing a white lace crop top that clung to her coffee colored skin accentuating the curve of her waist and her chest. Right below the top she wore a high waisted black skirt that was slightly pleated in areas at the bottom.

On her legs she wore a pair of sheer black tights that shimmered slightly in the light, and showed off the sexy contours of her legs. On her feet she wore her favorite black vans with blood red inner lining and wine red soles. They matched her vintage black leather jacket that covered her caramel colored shoulders and had a bold red inner lining as well.

Her left wrist was adorned with golden bangles that shimmered in the light and jangled whenever she moved her wrist. A steam punk leather studded bracelet sat tightly on her right wrist. Two black anchors hung from her ears, matching the rose gold studs that resided in her second holes.

A simple black loop glinted at the top of her right ear. Lastly, at the base of her neck hung a simple gold locket that when unclasped revealed a small image of her and her father that emanated warmth, joy and love.

They'd gone on a picnic in the park for the day. One of her happiest memories. She was three years old at the time, sitting on his shoulders with a wide grin plastered on her face as she cheesed at the camera. He was holding her little pudgy legs, head thrown back in a mid laugh.

Carla had spent two hours on her hair. It now hung lightly in waves around her face, bouncing when she turned her head and half of it pinned back on the right side to show off her piercings and the rosy blush of her cheek. Deciding to go with very minimal make up she'd put on some mascara, a little black eyeliner and some shiny cherry flavored lip gloss.

A small black crossover bag hung from her left shoulder to settle on her right side. It contained her fully charged phone, some vanilla flavored chap stick, forty bucks of emergency cash, her ID and her house keys.

With one last look in the mirror Carla gave herself a satisfied nod and turned off the lights before heading down the stairs, zipping up her jacket as she went. Her mom wasn't home thankfully. She didn't think she'd have time to redo her outfit if she had to suffer through another beating.