{Chapter 23}

Hey y'all!

So were you shocked? Surprised? Intrigued? I tried to throw in a surprise plot twist for y'all to shake things up. Can't let the characters get too happy now. ;) Comment your thoughts and vote please! ^_^

Enjoy lovelies!

******************** 

Ridian's eyes widened and he moved to stand up.

"You have a brother?" he asked turning to look at Carla. She ignored him still focused on Danny. Without warning she ripped the sheets back from her body tore the IV out of her arm without a second glance and sprang from the bed nearly trampling Ridian as she ran towards Danny and jumped into his arms sobbing. He immediately wrapped his arms around her small torso moving his hands in soothing circles on her back as he whispered comforting phrases into her hair. Ridian looked on in disbelief.

After a minute Carla took a step back from Danny wiping her eyes and her nose as she looked up at him, her face flushed. Danny stared back his eyes soft as he awaited her next move. He should have ran. Carla reached up slowly with her right hand so that it looked like she would stroke his face but at the last second she moved past it grabbing his ear and yanking it down hard tugging his head with it making him cry out in pain.

"Where the hell have you been the past five years you jackass!" she screeched as she proceeded to pummel him in the stomach and furiously kick his shins with her free hand and bare feet.

"Carly I can explain-" Danny began but was cut off by a sharp blow to the groin from her knee making him fall short of breath as he clutched in between his legs, face contorting in pain.

"Who are you to call me by that name?! You walked out on mom and I and now you just waltz back in thinking nothing has changed and people are still the same?!" Her voice climbed another octave.

"Do you know what I've been through?! You were supposed to protect me but you left me! You know mom blames me for your disappearance?!" Tears once more streamed full force in rivers down Carla's cheeks, hot and angry. Ridian had snapped out of his daze and was now attempting to pry off her grip from Danny's ear.

A sudden wave of fatigue hit Carla as her body remembered it was injured the adrenaline leaving her body to be replaced by a mixture of emotions. Grief, happiness, anger and confusion to name a few. Her eyelids fluttered as she loosened her grip on Danny's ear and leaned heavily into Ridian. He removed her hand and Danny immediately stood upright from his hunched over position, backing away a couple of steps rubbing his now cherry red ear lobe, a worried expression on his face.

"Is she alright?" he asked Ridian but Ridian ignored him now carrying Carla bridal style to the bed and tucking her in. He'd been surprised by how light she was. Her eyes had fluttered closed before but now they sprang open just long enough to find Danny and lock onto him.

"Don't you dare," she began before giving a loud yawn. Danny stared at her curiously. 

"Don't you dare,". She tried once more. "Don't you dare leave me again." Danny froze where he stood. 

Carla's face was frowning but fear was apparent in her eyes. Fear of abandonment twice. He quickly nodded a sharp okay and Carla's eyes softened slightly before they closed and she drifted off into sleep, her mind being taken over by dreams the moment her eyes were shut.

Ridian watched her sleep for a minute to make sure she was okay before calling in the nurse to reinsert her IV. The nurse didn't ask any questions but gave the two boys a disapproving look before she hurried out to her next patient. 

After she had left Ridian collapsed tiredly in his chair. He'd been up for a full 24 hours waiting besides Carla's bedside to awaken. Roughly half an hour passed before he thought about the third person in the room. He hadn't questioned Danny's presence before as his mind had been full of thoughts about Carla but now that he knew who he was curiosity budded in his mind.