Chapter 4

Zac was on his way to work. He started his car and was making a call on bluetooth to Mark (his friend) who he was friends with for 5 years now. Zac is 25 and so is Mark.
Mark: So,why the sad voice dude?
Zac;nah man,I'm just a little tired.
Mark:More like hung over?
Zac: man,I told you I stopped drinking. I'm not falling off the wagon again. You can stop saying that to me everytime.
Mark: alright alright. It's just. You've been to rehab more than once. I don't want you to make a wrong move one more time. Just keep track of that.
zac: yeah,man,I will. Okay,I gotta go now. I'm at the place. Okay? I'll call you later.
Mark: yeah. Okay.. We still on for tonight right?
Zac: on for what?
Mark: Soap opera...
Zac: uh..
Mark: you idiot, you forgot didn't you?
Zac: dude,what the heck are you talking about?
Mark: IT'S MY SISTER'S BIRTHDAY MR.CELEBRITY!!!!
Zac: Jeez! Jeez! I remember that. I'll be there around 7, okay?
Mark: that's good. Okay, man. Bye
Zac: Bye.

(on the phone) 7 pm
Meg: Grace, I want to come over right now. (panting)
Grace: what happened?
Meg: just come over. I have something very important to tell you.
Grace: okay... I'll be right there.
Meg: okay...
(phone call ends)

At Meg's place:
Grace was worried because Meg didn't sound pleasant on the phone. She was her bestfriend and would do anything for her. Grace knocks the door,and Meg opens the apartment door. Meg was looking like a mess. She had red sore eyes. She looked pink because of crying hard and had tissues crushed in her hand. Her blonde hair was messy and she was sad beyond words. It was painful for Grace to even look at her like that.
Grace: Meg,Sweetie, what happened?
Meg: He broke his promises.
Grace: who?
Meg: him.
Grace understood.
Grace: Tell me everything.
Meg: I need a hug. I'm tired of being here,in this house. In this place. Get me out of here.
Grace hugs her and asks her to put on some decent clothes. Meg was wearing only an over sized sweat shirt.
Grace: C'mon.. Get dressed up. We'll go around the corner and grab something to eat.
Meg says "okay... " softly.

Mark: Dude,where the heck are you?
Zac: I'm sorry man,I'm stuck with this meeting here. my manager fixed an interview after this meeting. I'm sorry man. I really want to come but my work is in between the way.
Mark: Dude, what about my sister? You promised you'd come. She didn't invite any friends because she wanted to celebrate it with you,me and our families. Everyone is here except you.
Zac: I'm really sorry man,I gotta go.

There was no meeting or an interview. Zac was drunk. He didn't go to work in the morning either. He drove to a random place and kept thinking about what's he doing with his life. He hates himself for disappointing his parents, for going against their will in the acting field. He hates himself for breaking up with his ex girlfriend Victoria because she wanted to get married and he didn't. So,he thought breaking up with her will free her from the pressure and she could find someone who can share similar interests with her. He never really loved her. They both were more like friends. Zac felt lonely in the relationship. So he called it quits. So,getting drunk was his way of escaping the trouble and numbing his emotions.
"That's it! This is the last one. After this, I'm never gonna drink " said zac. This time he was serious. He's been to rehab 4 times now. It's not that he was addicted to alcohol. It was more like he was addicted to his past,loneliness, pain and the dark phase of Hollywood. He threw the bottle against a rock. He walked unsteadily, shaking. He started his car. He was at the out skirts of town. He drove slowly at first but increased the speed rapidly, until he saw a head light of the opposite vehicle. He tried to steer off but failed. He tried hitting the brakes but was too late. The opposite car hit zac's car. More like crashed into it. That driver ran away without looking back,scared. Zac crashed into that car. He lost consciousness. He was the A list actor of Hollywood. Bruised, broken, in pain,abandoned on an unknown road, in a car accident, bleeding. Known to no one. No one to help. No one to make a call to 911.