Chapter-57

Dedicated to Mnebens MsEfronDo @Browneyesandpinklips for their love and support. ❤❤❤

Grace's point of view :

Blood freezing at his voice.  Hands cold. My eyes just froze, I couldn't blink.  I knew he was right behind me. I heard his voice.  After 5 years of staying apart, his voice felt like rain on a drought prone ground.  I knew how his cologne smells so good. His eyes glaring at my back.  The air was chilly, the wind was so cold it made my breath dry making my eyes dry, as I closed my eyes to blink,it filled my eyes with warm tears.  My heart happy that he saw me and followed me to talk to me.
"Still don't want to talk to me?" asked Zac, his voice shivering.  his heart on his sleeve.
I couldn't say anything.  His words made me realize that he hasn't forgotten a thing. He remembered everything.  Just like I did.  It ached my heart to hurt him like that with my cold behavior. 
"I thought you never wanted to seek me again " says Grace remembering how he broke up with her behind the door at her former apartment.
"You were the one who didn't want to see me, I begged you to talk to me,Remember " said Zac defending himself. 
"You moved on after that. Hooked up with many girls " says Grace in a rage.
"Because I was trying to forget you " says Zac
"by sleeping with other girls? You have a style to move on" says Grace sarcastically but she was angry.
"What is it with you?  Why are you still hung up on the past? At least I came to talk you but you just walked away " said Zac intently. 
"Aren't you hung upon the past too?" asks Grace looking at Zac into his eyes. 
Zac shook his head. 
"It's called pride, Zac. Get over it!" says Grace
"I have pride?  You're the one who's looking at me with prejudice " says Zac
"Pride! " says Grace arguing.
"prejudice! " insisted Zac.
"Pride! " says Grace out loud
"maybe I do have pride! But I never ran away like you did. I still stayed to fight. For us. But you....you ran away and left my behind. Do you know what you put me through with your silence?" protested Zac, his eyes red and filled with tears, his heart liberating slowly from the dark suppressed pain.
"I only left to keep you safe " says Grace.
"keep me safe?  I was always safe with you " said Zac admitting.
"But I'm bad luck to you " admitted Grace confessing.
"whoever put that in your mind.  Baby, you were never bad luck to me. I have always loved you and-" Zac was interrupted by Grace
"Don't call me baby, I'm still mad at you" says Grace
"for what? " asked Zac innocently
"because... Because... You forgot me.  That's the whole reason why you and I broke up. We'll,why you broke up with me..." says Grace
"Grace... " says Zac. He was quite surprised that she was still angry with him about that. 
"You know what, Zac? I still don't get it... How could you forget me like that?  I never forgot you for one second the whole time we were together. Bu-" says Grace but was interrupted by Zac.
"the whole time?  You forgot me after that? " asks Zac in anticipation.
"Yes, Zac...I forgot you. I have moved on from you" says Grace being honest. 
Zac froze.  He couldn't breathe.  His throat ached.  His nerves losing sense. 
"You moved on..." says Zac softly trying to confirm. Trying to ingest the news from Grace.
"I moved on..." said Grace confirming.
He didn't say anything.  He just looked at her. It tore him apart to know that she actually moved on with someone else.
"Who is he?" asks Zac looking at her.  He was now sitting on the stairs facing Grace in front of him,who was standing,facing him.
"Tell me... How he stole your heart from me?" asked Zac, his lips smiling but his heart frowning. His eyes pleading, his throat lumped with pain.
"He and I met after you broke up with me. " said Grace smiling at Zac.
Zac just looked at her smile.  For a second he felt happy looking at her heart winning smile. He soon realized that he was not the reason behind her smile.  It ached in places he didn't know he had.
"Tell me more...Describe him" says Zac
"He...is tall. Not too tall. Just tall enough so that I can kiss him stretching my toes.  He has beautiful eyes.  When you look into his eyes, everything feels sane.  His face is peaceful.  Just look at his face for a few seconds and all my worries would just vanish.  He says he loves me. So much it hurt his heart." says Grace softly looking at Zac right into his eyes. 
"And?" asks Zac, he didn't really want to know.  But if it made Grace happy he was okay with putting himself in hell for a few seconds. 
"He makes my life so much easy.  He is my inspiration. He is my motivation.  Everyday.  All day. Forever. " says Grace smiling.
"And? Tell me more..." asked Zac looking up at her face.
"I spend most of my time with him. He loves me so much. He takes care of me like no other....he even took me to meet his parents.  On that very same day,his mom... Took my hand and asked me to promise her, to be with him forever." says Grace softly
Suddenly it hit Zac that she was talking about him the whole time.
"He took me to his house.  Unlike any guy who'd just jump at the chance of having sex with,  he made me a promise that he'd love me forever... See? This bracelet " said Grace as she showed the bracelet that Zac gave to her.
"He promised me...he said We and Us Forever... I promised to love him and protect him forever.  You broke up with me...but after you broke up with me,I fell for him. He was always my reason for existence and he'll always be my reason for existence.  Ever since you broke up with me, I spent more and more time with him. " says Grace her throat aching.  Her eyes pink and filled with subtle tears. 
"He loves Indian food. But he said he hates me.... He taught me how to live and how to love... His name is Zac, Zac" said Grace as tears made their way out of her eyes. 

Zac couldn't control his emotions anymore.  He stood up and held her face in his beautiful hands. 
"Me?" asked Zac looking into her eyes. 
"Always and Forever " says Grace softly controlling her tears and looking into his eyes. 

He hugged her. "Oh,Grace... " said Zac pleading and crying. 
"I'm so sorry, Zac " said Grace.
Zac smiled and looked at sky. Thanking the unknown force for giving Grace back to him.
"I'm sorry... " says Zac smiling looking into her ever beautiful brown eyes.
"I love you,Grace. I'm so sorry " said Zac admitting all his love for Grace. 
"We And Us Forever? " asks Grace looking into his eyes,her hands resting on his chest.
"We And Us Forever " says Zac smiling at Grace. 
She hugged him harder and hid her face into his chest.  He hugged her harder and rested his chin on her head. 

"All good and lovey -dovey huh?" Screamed a voice from the hall.
It was a woman's voice.  The woman had blonde hair and slim figure.  She walked towards Zac and Grace looking at Grace with anger and hurt. 
Grace recognized her.  She knew her way too well.

"Meg?" asked Grace smiling at the woman in front of her.