Chapter-51

Zac was bleeding from both of his hands. Mark tried pushing the door and breaking in but he failed. He rushed towards the kitchen and took a meat cutting knife. That knife was heavy enough to cut off anything. He took that knife and rushed back to Zac's bedroom, he was panting. Mark broke the door knob with the knife at the first strike. He repeated the same stroke which unlocked the door from inside. He dropped the knife and ran towards Zac.Zac was lying on the ground with the engagement ring he bought for Grace in his hand,flat on his back hands spread apart.
"FUCK!!!ZAC... OPEN YOUR EYES, MAN!!! ZAC!!! CMON MAN...." Screamed Mark shaking Zac's body.
Zac was unconscious. He somehow gained the strength to pick up Zac in his arms and carried Zac's buff body into Mark's car. Mark drove as fast as he could to the hospital. As soon as they reached the hospital, quickly stopped the car in the entrance of emergency ward and ran inside the ward. Soon he came running back with the doctors and a bed. They all pulled Zac out of the car and rushed him into the emergency room. The doctors did everything they could. They took his hand and checked the pulse.
" His pulse was very low. His blood pressure was not stable. He had signs of extreme trauma. He lost a lot of blood" says the doctor to Mark.
Mark could not believe that this was actually happening. He knew that Zac was hurt over Grace and everything but he didn't know how much he loved Grace. He,for a second, lost his cool for Grace. He hated Grace for doing this to Zac.
"I'll give the blood... I'm same blood group as he is..." says Mark controlling his emotions and keeping his cool,trying not to panic.
"This way..." said the doctor.
He proceeded to give the blood and his blood was transfused into Zac's veins. What really happened was Zac cut himself too harshly. It almost cut too deep that one of his veins were about to be split. The cuts did manage to cut his veins but luckily it didn't split.

"So,this book is where I actually fell in love with fiction " says Priya in the library. The library was not too huge or anything. It was spacious but it wasn't too big. They were sitting on the ground beside a rack full of fictions. Grace turned page after page just looking at a picture book.
"look at this picture... It's so cool" says Grace showing a picture of a boy sitting on a bench on the bank of a river.
Just then Grace's phone starts to vibrate. She excuses herself from the library. She got outside of library and answered the phone.
Grace :Hey dad, what's up?
Dad: Grace... You have to come back.
Grace :Why?what happened?
Dad:It's Zac...
Grace :what about him?
Dad: *silence *
Grace :dad?
Dad:*silence *
Grace :dad,is Zac okay?
Dad:*silence *
Grace :DAD!!! ANSWER ME PLEASE! WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?IS HE OKAY?

Grace was almost crying at this point.

Dad:He...uh...he cut himself...
Grace :WHAT???
Dad:You have to come back. He needs you.
Grace :I'm coming for sure...

She goes back inside the library panicking and panting.
"What happened, Grace?? " asked Priya.
"Zac...he cut himself. He's in the hospital... " cried Grace.
"Oh my god!! C'mon let's go..." says Priya. they both rush back to Grace's apartment. She packs her bag almost crying all the time. Blaming herself for the situation.
"It's all my fault! I shouldn't have left " says Grace
"It's not your fault! Calm down! " says Priya.
"How can I do this to Him?" asks Grace crying out loud.
"Grace, get hold of yourself... " says Priya.
"You go book the tickets online on my laptop " says Grace
"Sure " says Priya and rushes into the living room and grabs the laptop that was on the desk. She checks for the tickets available online.
"Grace, there are no tickets available till the next three weeks " says Priya.
"WHAT? " there has to be some way, I have to go there, Priya.He's my everything " says Grace crying.

"Okay, we'll figure out something... Just calm down" says Priya.

Priya calls up her friend who works in the airport and asks him a huge favor to set up a ticket and squeeze in Grace to USA.
He checks for the availability and looks up for a way to squeeze in Grace. One ticket. One fucking ticket.
"I'm sorry Priya... I really tried. This month is a tourist season and the whole month is booked.there are no tickets available " says her friend.
"Okay, thanks for trying " says Priya and hangs up.

"Grace... There are no tickets available " says Priya in a shaky voice. She was kind of horrified to look at Grace, because Grace was probably looking like a very angry person. She lost all her cool. She was mad at herself. She was blaming herself the whole time for putting Zac through this.

"I'm going to America whether or not the tickets are available " says Grace and rushed out of her apartment.

She drove fast and fast.
She reached the airport. She rushed into the counter and literally begged for any ticket that was available to the USA.
"Please please I beg you. My boyfriend is in a hospital and I need to see him,please give me just one ticket, he's in a hospital in America " explained Grace almost pleading.
"I'm sorry mam but there are no tickets available till next 3 weeks. If there are any cancelations we'll let you know " says the woman in counter politely.

"No... You don't understand! I need to get on a flight right now" says Grace.
"mam,I've clearly told you that there's no availability " says the woman.
"What about other flights from other states? I can go to Mumbai or Delhi or something where I can get on a flight " says Grace
The woman checks for availability on her computer quickly.

"There's one flight from Mumbai which is 4 days from now to the USA " says the woman checking the list

"Yeah I'll take that " says Grace
"Where exactly you're going in the USA? " asks the woman
"San Francisco " says Grace in a shaky voice.
She gets the tickets and passport and the woman proof checks the passport and enters some code. The ticket was booked for Grace from Hyderabad to Mumbai in precisely about an hour.
She rushed to her car again where Priya was waiting. She hugged her and thanked.
"call me as you reach there " says Priya.
Grace nods a yes. She pulls out her bag from the backseat and runs into the entrance of the airport. She gets through the security, everything is done. She gets on her flight on economy class. She sat and switched off her phone.
She put on her seatbelt and closed her eyes praying that Zac was alright.
She felt bad about her decision. The only reason she took the step was to stay away from him so that he'd be safe but when the distance isn't really the point of his safety, she couldn't understand why she thought it'd be okay to move from America in the first place. She regret the decision of moving away from home for the first time. She regret leaving zac like that. She regret not speaking to him when he begged. She regret not telling him how much she loved him.