Chapter-45

Meg and mark were driving  down to Grace's apartment. Mark was driving.  

Meg: Do you thik she'll be okay?

Mark: I don't think so... She pretty much looked like she was lost.

Meg: I just hope she's doing fine... 

Mark: She'll be fine...you don't worry. 

Meg: Thank you for being so supportive through all this. I don't know if i could do it alone without you. 

Mark: that's alright...

After they reach Grace's residence, they park the car...

Mark: Hey, Let me go talk to her this time...

Meg: No, she needs me... I'm coming with you. 

Mark: Why do you think that only you can help her? I can help her too

Meg: But we're girls...

Mark: When did that happen?

Meg:Hey! 

*Chuckles*

They walk into the lift and reach Grace's apartment. Meg unlocks the door and goes inside the apartment while Mark follows her. They see that Grace was watching Zac's movie on her DVD player. 

Grace was on the couch, looking like a mess. Her hair was a mess. Her skin looked pale. Her eyes,red and sore. Ironically, her apartment was clean and neat but her heart was all over the place.

"you're going to kill yourself if you keep doing this to yourself" says meg walking towards Grace. She sits next to Grace holding Grace's hand. 

Mark sits on the other chair. He was listening to their conversation and turned off the player.

"C'mon...get up! We're going out for a nice coffe and breakfast at the diner" says Mark.

"I don't want to eat anything" says Grace in her sore,weak voice.

"But you need to eat something,sweety" says Meg.

"Why are you this sweet to me? You'll forget me one day,too" says Grace,tears filling her eyes. 

Meg hugs her. 

Mark felt really bad for Grace. 

"Grace,go freshen up. We're going out. That's it." says Mark, a little control freak as he is. 

Grace just breathes out and says nothing. Meg holds her and helps her get up. 

"C'mon...go take a shower...you'll feel better" says Meg. 

Grace just nods to that and walks into her room. She steps inside her bathroom and takes off her clothes. She looks into the mirror and sees her reflection. 

"What are you doing to me,Zac?" asks Grace looking at her own reflection. Her eyes, tired,sore and red. Her body weak and pale. 

She soon turned on the shower and tooka fresh bath. Few moments ago when Zac came to see her, she felt a little sad or hurt. Now it's as if she feels nothing. She felt numb. She closed her eyes and all she pictured was all the good times with Zac. Which filled tears in her eyes again. She athed and got out of the bathroom and closed the bathroom door behind her. 

Meg put out a fresh pair of blue jeans and a white T shirt with full sleeves on her bed. Grace put on those clothes and combed her brown hair. She looked fresher than ever. She was ready to go out. 

She walked towards the living room and sat on the couch. 

"I thought you were coming with us..." said Mark who was sitting on the chair beside the couch reading the newspaper while Meg was in the other washroom.