Chapter 13

~~~~~~her eyes ~~~~~
~~~~~~ I will do everything to protect you and save you,I promise ~~~~~
With that Zac opens his eyes. At first a little blurry and dizzy but eventually, his vision has more clarity.
He sees that he is in a hospital. Some parts of his body still ached when he breathed or moved. So,he couldn't move that fast.
He observed right in front of him was Mark and a brunette girl who were talking to the doctor about something, facing the opposite direction.
Zac's parents had left because they had to freshen up and stuff to do. So,it was just Mark and Grace for now. Grace went to the main lobby to arrange a room for zac in the hospital and bring the prescribed medicines from the pharmacy.
Mark went inside the ICU and saw Zac. "Buddy, how are you, man? " asked Mark excitedly.
"Better than ever." said Zac
"Well,you're a very lucky man. A girl,called Grace saw you in the crash and helped you and saved your life" explained Mark.
"Grace? Her name is Grace? I wanna thank her" said Zac.
"and man,that's not all. You died." said Mark
"Yeah right! " said Zac mockingly.
"No Zac, seriously. We all cried because your pulse stopped. Your heart beat stopped. Grace prayed for you and held your hand. She kissed you right here *shows the place where she kissed him on his hand * She even said something to you. After which your pulse started again. It's miracle said the doctors. You really are very lucky,man." explained Mark.
"I wanna see Grace " asked Zac hopefully
That's when Grace knocked the ICU room slowly and walked in. Zac saw her coming and looked directly into her eyes. He remembered her eyes. He remembered the promise she made him. He remembered the cushion she put under his neck and the way she helped him out through the crash.
Grace looked at Zac with the same intensity.
Grace: Finally, you woke up.* smiles a bigger smile.*
Zac: "Thank you....for keeping your promise "
Grace: You remember that?
Zac: Of course!
Grace: I'm very happy that you're back in consciousness. For a moment, I thought I lost you.
Zac stares into her eyes deeply
Mark: I'll leave you two alone.
Grace: Mark,please take these medicines and put these in room 143. That's Zac's prescribed room. Okay?
Mark: Okay. Cool. Later,buddy! Bye
~~Mark leaves the room. ~~
Zac: I can't thank you enough.
"Don't worry about it. It...was my pleasure." said Grace in a soft voice.
Zac holds her hand. He still stares into her eyes deeply. His eyes penetrate her heart.She felt her insides ache, in a a good way.She decides to confess what she felt for him. She loved him unknowingly, uncontrollably and undeniably. "I do not have the strength to stay away from you anymore " says Grace with a lump in her throat.
Something inside Zac saw the truthfulness and sicierity in Grace's words. He knew he can trust her with his life. He practically did that too. There's nothing she wouldn't do for him and there's nothing that can stop her from loving him. Zac fell for her. Way Harder than he thought he would.
"Then don't " He said.