Chapter-40

~~~~~~~~After Two Months ~~~~~~~~
Alex was arrested and was sentenced to jail for 23 years.

Zac completely healed from all the wounds and fractures. He didn't remember anything about Grace or Meg or anything about that past. It's as if nothing happened.  He took a leave from shooting and was taken care of by his parents and Mark. Although Mark was a friend, he was more like a brother to Zac.  The doctors said that Zac can remember the past sooner or later but didn't tell when. That was left to fate again. 
Zac was in his house taken care of by Mark and his parents.  He was not allowed to go for shootings/filmings or anything until he completely healed,mentally.  Sudden shocks can give him a trauma and he may go to coma or worse can give him a heart attack.  So,Mark made sure the press didn't get to see even the shadow of Zac's.  Zac was taken to a cottage in an isolated,yet peaceful place where he was treated with therapy.

Mark felt bad about Grace...

Grace too healed,but only the visible wounds were healed. All the memories she had with Zac and how much she loved him have been with her and made her cry hard every day and night.  After coming back from the hospital, she went to bed and didn't move an inch for 2 weeks straight.  She loved him. She loved him hard. He loved her too....he loved her so much he forgot her.  She was in a fragile position, a twisted game that fate was playing. She couldn't be mad at Zac or anyone.  She just had so many questions that had no answers. In fact, so many questions but had no one to answer. Every question was about Zac, the answer was too him. She cried and cried until there were no more tears to pour. She cried until her heart burned. She cried hard hoping that someday he'd recognize her and at least see her again with the same loving eyes he once loved her with. She remembered and ran all the times with Zac in her mind over and over. Everytime she remembered him, some memories made her smile, some memories made her heart die a little. She was suffocating herself with this drug called love. She was lonely, miserable, depressed and mostly forgotten.

Meg tried to help Grace through her tough times but Grace refused to take help. Grace never knew that she could love someone and something she never expected was that she'd be forgotten.  She felt lost. She didn't know if she should go back or move forward. Meg was there for her.she was a loyal friend to Grace.  She told Grace's parents about everything and they insisted that they'd come back and take care of Grace but she insisted that she'll take care of Grace. But Grace's parents would visit her every week and try to speak to her. Grace never spoke to anyone. Ever since she left hospital and came back to her apartment, she never spoke to anyone. She didn't want to speak with anyone.  She was lost in her own tears and trying to find answers about what life was trying to tell her.  She didn't go to college because of the obvious reason, the place haunted her.it would bring back the horrible memory and traumatize her.

She'd sit in her bedroom, she held the bracelet that Zac gave to her and read the engravement.
We And Us Forever.
Tears would roll down her cheeks everytime she read those words.she kept that necklace close to her heart and cried to an eternity.Meg tried to take her out or tried to cheer her up but of no use. Mark too came to check up on her, that's when Grace would actually speak. She was desperate to know what happened to her Zac. When she got to know that he's doing well, she felt happy soon that happiness shattered when she heard that Zac still couldn't remember anything. As soon as she heard that she'd run to her room and just cry crashing on the bed. It was too much to handle.
"that's it!" she said to herself. She was in her blue jeans and a grey sweat shirt. She put on a hoodie and took her keys and sneaked out of the apartment while Meg was sleeping in the other room.She closed the apartment's door behind her and ran into the lift and cried as she remembered bringing Zac to her apartment. She pushed the zero button and reached the parking lot. She saw her car. She ran towards it and opened the door. She got into driver's seat and didn't care to put on a seatbelt. She started her car, crying silently. She whispered "Thank you Meg, I'm gonna miss you".
Meg unaware of anything happening was tired and was sleeping.
Grace started driving. She didn't know where to go. She just remembered zac and all the memories. It was overwhelming. She drove faster and faster. She stopped her car at the spot where she saw Zac for the first time.she stopped her car and got out of it
She walked towards that spot tears running heavily and heart dying everytime she breathed him. She fell on her knees onto the ground and touched the spot where she saw Zac for the first time. She saw around her. It was bright because of daylight and the morning was beautiful but Grace's heart was raining, in fact it was a storm or a doom.She felt helpless, she cried out loud.she was broken. She felt like a little kid who was lost and didn't know where or how to go. She loved him. But fate was punishing her. Most wounds would heal but wounds cannot be healed. The only solution to this problem was Zac.
She wanted to scream, she just wanted to kill herself. She wanted to meet zac and she wanted to see him one last time.
That was the last thing she thought.  She got up and got inside the car and started driving to Zac's place.  She drove inside Zac's drive-way and parked her car as she saw Zac reading a book in his garden. His parents saw Grace's car from balcony.  They immediately came downstairs faster than Grace could walk towards Zac. She walked towards Zac and Zac saw her.  He stood from his French wooden chair and looked at Grace. Grace had swollen red eyes, almost blood shot.her clothes looked decent but her hair was messy.
"Uh...who are you? " asks Zac smiling, calm and composed.
Grace smiles listening to his voice while her eyes cried out loud with pain. Her heart broke.
"I'm just your fan...." says Grace softly trying to compose herself as she felt pain shattering her body. She said those words smiling but crying.
He smiles and walks towards her.
"Now is not the time... But since you've come so far... Let me give you an autograph? " says Zac politely.
"Sure... " says Grace smiling and crying. 
"It's okay... Don't cry, here" says Zac and hugs her.
After a long time Grace felt his arms around her and hugs him. She never wanted to let him go again.  He pats on her head rubbing her hair gently. She felt at peace after a long time. She cried into his chest hoping that he might remember something but he didn't.
Her tears made his shirt wet.
"I love you so much. I will always love you forever " says Grace crying and feeling her heart breaking and thumping.  His arms never felt so warm and his words never felt so sweet. His touch never felt so close and telling him I love you never felt so real.
Zac had flashes of memories where Grace told him the exact same words where she saved him from the accident. But it didn't make any sense to Zac. She held her closer because he felt like he knew her and he felt like he has touched her before and had her tears fall on his chest before but nothing had clarity.  He ignored those flashes of memories.

After few moments Grace broke the hug and kissed on his forehead and said "Goodbye...I'll always love you "
Zac just smiles and felt like he heard her voice before but said nothing.  He was not understanding anything.
Grace removed the bracelet from her hand and put it in Zac's hand.
Zac just looked at her in her eyes. He observed that her eyes had pain and unknown love in her eyes. He recognized those eyes and suddenly had a flash of her face where he saw her face as he breathed again on that unfortunate night. He couldn't understand anything that was happening but was still being polite to Grace. 
Grace put the bracelet in his hand and said A man once loved me... and said that I was the best memory he ever had and would love me for the rest of his life...but...I guess, fate tore us apart and our love didn't survive.I hope at least.... you can find your love with this.If you.... ever see him again.... Tell him I said goodbye... "  with that Grace kissed him on his forehead one last time and turned around.
There she saw Kate(Zac's mom).

Kate had tears in her eyes and saw everything that happened. 

"It's not his fault he forgot you...if he knew that part he'd love you again " says Kate crying.
Grace hugs her warmly and says "I don't have the strength to live in a world where  he can't remember if he loved me" Grace cries into her shoulder and leaves her and runs towards her car with a broken heart and a lost soul.
Zac didn't understand what Grace was saying and he didn't understand why his mom was comforting Grace.
"Do you know her? " asks Zac.
Kate cries out and hugs Zac.
"she is the reason you're alive today and she....is.... Trying to end the pain with her" says Kate crying. 
Zac didn't understand what she was saying. 

~~~~~~~"I'm always here..... " ~~~~~~
"I'm never going to leave you... Even if you ask me to...."~~~~~~~~~
"I love you " ~~~~~~~"I love you more" ~~~~~~~"I love you the most"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zac was getting flashes of everything in bits and pieces. He didn't understand what was happening. Just then the diamond studded bracelet sparkled because of daylight and gained Zac's attention.he turned it around and saw what was engraved there "We And Us Forever " read Zac out loud.
Kate patted him on the back and said "Do you remember her?"
"I don't know....I -uh---I" mumbled Zac looking puzzled.  Just then Zac had a flash of memory
~~~~~~~"I promise to save you no matter what"~~~~~~~~~~~
He didn't know what was happening.  He had flashes of memories about the girl he just saw but never met before (according to his point of view) and she gave him this bracelet and ran away.
He didn't know who she was...
But something inside him wanted to save her. He wanted to stop her from dying. 
"Mom....I need to save her" says Zac almost walking away from her in daze and running towards his Car