Chapter 14

God heard Grace's prayers and saved Zac. At least that's what everyone believed. It's a miracle to bring someone back to life. It's a gift too valuable to be taken for granted. It was very special.
When Zac said "Then don't ",Grace knew why she waited for so long to fall in love. She's been in 2 relationships before this. They treated her well but something was missing. For that something, she distanced herself from people and her relationships. While some people understood that behavior. Some were bitter towards her. Her previous boyfriend,Alex was very sweet and sensitive until he noticed she was being cold. He then constantly sucked the energy out of her by bringing up silly and unending,unnecessary arguments frequently,which made her upset even more. She's a pretty simple person and very loving.but she is also practical and knows when to step out of something that's not good for her or her loved ones. So,she decided to break up with Alex. He didn't take the break up well. He threatened to kill her,post their intimate conversations online and make her pay for hurting him like that. She took him with a grain of salt and immediately got help from her parents. But Alex's behavior pattern and the whole relationship between them scarred her. To the point she began hating herself for it and blamed herself. That's when Meg helped her out. She helped Grace to focus on other things and people in life. Grace is really careful about choosing her partner after that incident.
She was not only scarred but was also scared to the point,she trusted no one. She kept telling herself that she can never find love. She thought trust is a luxury that she couldn't afford. She was...in simple words was hurt.

Zac changed what she usually felt. He gave her hope. She knew that she barely knew him but she just has this gut feeling which tells her that no matter what,he won't hurt her. She loved him. No,she LOVES him.With that she holds his hand in response and looks deep into his eyes and thinks to herself "I love you, Zac" and she smiles.
"I love you too " says Zac.
"How did you know what I was thinking? " asked Grace amazed with a smile on her face.
"because your eyes tell me that you're in love with me....just the way I am in love with you " replied Zac softly.
Grace shyly blushes.