Chapter 1: Friends are Great

A/N PLEASE READ:
Hello everyone! I just want to say thank you for reading this book. Means a lot to me. Vote and comment! And like I always say, Enjoy the book!
-----------------------------------------------------

"What! What do you mean you won't be able to make it?" I scream over the phone. "I can't make the gaming tournament David. Your going to have to do it solo." Samuel says back through the phone. "You got to be kidding me? My best friend, can't make the Smash tournament. But we were going to be on the tag team tournament!" I say, sadly. "Got homework bro. Sorry." He says, then hangs up. I'm at the library, where their holding the Wii U Smash Tournament. I've been waiting on Samuel, my best friend since forever, and now he finally called saying he can't make it. Just great. We were going to dominate and get that first prize of $350. Every year we lose to the Computer Geeks at school. But this year they decided not to enter. We could of won!

Now I'm driving home with my GameCube controller in my right jacket pocket, and disappointment on my face. Homework is more important than $350, I wouldn't think so, but I guess Samuel does want to get into Harvard. So what, what does college have to offer than teachers telling you stuff you already know?

I step up to the front door of my house, unlock the door, and walk inside. My parents house isn't too big. One story house to fit me,my Dad and my Mom. That's right, I'm an only child. I'm greeted by my parents watching football. Today's Sunday, and their watching the night game. My mom looks at me and says, "Nice to see you honey. But aren't you supposed to be at a competition?" "Samuel bailed on me." I answer, laying on the other couch. "Don't look sad. There's always next year." Dad says, trying to cheer me up.

I just smile and start watching the game.

After about watching for ten minutes, I get up and go to my room. I just take off my jacket and hang it on my gaming chair. Then I get a book from my book shelf. The Fire Within. Read this book at least a thousand times. I have the whole series, The Last Dragon Chronicles. I read and read, and before I know it, I'm sleeping.

-----------------------------------------------------

I wake up to, "David? David are you up?" "Yeah!" I yell back to my mom. "Hurry! The bus is about to be here!" She yells again. I look at the time. 7:50, I HAVE ONLY TEN MINUTES! I switch out my clothes with jeans and a blue t-shirt, got to brush my teeth and hair, then rush to find my backpack. It's literally in a different place everyday. Don't ask why because I don't know either. I search behind cabinets, under the sofa, in my parents room. (And yes, I've found it in there before.) I finally find it in our pantry, slip it over my shoulders, and walk towards the front door.

"Bye Mom, bye Dad!" I say opening the door. They wave goodbye. I rush out the door to run towards the bus stop, which is a block around the corner. When I turn the corner, the bus is already there, picking up the last few kids. "Why does my house in particular have to be so far away from the bus stop?" I question.

I'm only a few yards away before it starts taking off. "WAIT!!!" I yell, waving my arms in the air. After moving about 10 feet, the bus halts, and the doors swing open on the side. I run faster to not waste the bus drivers time. And when I get on the bus, the bus driver said, "Don't be late again." He said it as if it was a mistake, which it was! I walk to the seat I always sit at, number 20. And sitting there is another friend of mine, Luna Greer. "Thought you weren't going to make it to the bus." She says first thing.

I sit down and ask, "If you saw me, then why didn't you try to tell the bus driver?" "Because I'm shy." She excuses. "Such a great friend." I say sarcastically. "I know, right." Luna says back.