Chapter 19: Jessica's Room

Knock knock! "May I come in?" I ask to the people on the other side of the door. "Yes!" Jessica answers. I turn the nob and push forward into the hospital room. It's nice in her room. A big TV, a bigger room than the room I had, and a polka doted pink and white blanket.

"Wow, it's really nice in here for a hospital room. At least, better than mine." I compliment. She blushes. "I didn't say anything because I thought you'd be jealous." She says. I walk over to the chair next to her bed and take a seat. "Why would I be jealous? I would of been happy for you!" She contains the roses in her cheeks. "Weeeelllllll, did you bring our paper?" She asks. I pull out a blue folder from my backpack and hand it to her. "I said paper, not a folder." She jokes. "Just open it." I say. She opens it and slides our papers out. Then she closes it and places our papers on top. She looks at it and immediately says, "You did nothing while you were at school? That's surprising."

"Hey, I was depressed. You can't say anything." I argue. "I just did." She says to annoy me. I roll my eyes and answer, "Let's just get to work." I grab my pencil from my jeans pocket and take the stuff from Jessica's hand. I erase The and write And for risking her life to save her town, Hope receives the honor of getting her name engraved into the Difference of One stone. The stone honors people in their town who contributed in any form to help them, and we believe Hope definitely deserves that. I stop and hand it to Jessica. She reads over the newly written part. She says, "You forgot one word." And she steals the pencil from my and and writes one last word on the paper with her left hand. And I gotta admit, she can write pretty well with her left hand for a righty.

The End.

"That's how you want to finish the summary slash essay?" I ask. "Why not? Seems good to me." She answers. I shrug; that's probably the best way to end anything, right?

I slip the paper back into the folder and slide the folder back into my backpack. I stand up saying, "Ok, I'll transfer this onto Word so it'll look professional. See ya Friday for the presentation?" "You bet your plushes I will." She winks. I bend over and hug her before walking out of the nice room.

-----------------------------------------------------

When I got back to my Mom's car, she asked, "Sooooo, how'd it go?" "Good."

"Did you to get back together? Did y'all work at all or just talk? Oooo, did y'all kiss?" She asks intrigued. "MOM!!!"