Chapter 12: Fire

I'm in a blank space of darkness. Nothing is around me, just the dark. Then I suddenly hear, "David ... Get out! Now!" It's Jessica. What does she want me to get out of? I hope it's this darkness. Suddenly, there's a light in the distance, and her voice is getting louder. "David! We need to GET OUT!" The light gets brighter and brighter until the light consumes me. I blink my eyes to see ... fire? Fire all around me, me and Jessica. I see a red and creme colored steering wheel in front of me. Were in Jessica's corvette. I'M DRIVING!!!

Jessica yells to me, "DAVID WE NEED TO GET OUT!!! HELP ME!!!" She's undone her seat belt and is banging on the window. I try to use my arms, but I can't feel my left arm. I look at it, and immediately regret it. It's bleeding out and it definitely getting crushed under my weight. I realize that I'm on my side. Actually, the WHOLE car is on it's side. I unbuckle my seat belt with right arm. I try to sit up, but my arm holds me on the seat. "I ... can't .... move." I manage to say. My lungs sting so much. Great, my asthma is reacting to the smoke around us. Stupid lungs. "Je ... Jessica ... my asthma-" "YOU HAVE ASTHMA!!! Ok, I'll get us out of here. Don't worry." She says.

I feel ... useless to the fullest. I can't move, I can't breath, and I can barely reassure my girlfriend I'm going to make it out of this. I move my right arm, the only thing I can move, and start maneuvering myself towards Jessica's window. She's still trying to break through the car glass. It has a few small cracks. Jessica notices I'm moving and stops me. "David, stop moving! Your injured!" "No ... you ne ... need help." I cough. Then suddenly everything is blurry.

My body falls onto our seats. You better not faint David! "David!" And that's the last thing I heard. Black ...