Chapter 7: Do You Remember

I wake up with a stomach ache AND a headache you'd spend a million dollars to get rid of. "Uuuu, what did I eat last night? Did I eat last night?" I ask myself. All I remember was when we arrived at the party. But that can't be right, I had to of done something there, right? Suddenly my head starts pulsing too. This is why I don't go to parties. I get up and go to brush my teeth and hair. I then go downstairs to meet my mom. "Hey Mom. Oooooo, pancakes!" I rush over to the table and grab a stack of pancakes for myself. I take a bite; mmmmhhh, their sooo good!

"Someone seems hungry." Mom says. "Yeah, I'm starving! Well, not literally." I say, mouth full of food. Then my stomach groans again. I grab my stomach and say, "Great, my stomach ache is back." "Did you eat something bad yesterday?" Mom asks, washing some dishes. "I don't think so." I let go of my stomach. I finish my food quickly and search for my backpack. I easy found it in my room, for once! I leave my house after saying goodbye, with a sick stomach and head throbbing.

-----------------------------------------------------

I get off the bus, talking with Luna. "So all you remember is going to a party ... and that's it?!" She asks. "Yeah, Jessica brought me to a party, and I ... I .... I don't remember. But whatever happened left me with a sick stomach." I complain. My stomach starts complaining again; I just ignore it, or at least try to. We walk up the stairs and we walk to Mrs. Barns room. We walk through the door and Jessica looks ... different. She looks different in a good way though. Her appearance looks absolutely Gorgeous!

She's wearing less makeup, I guess going for a natural look, she's wearing some big, black framed glasses, and her hair is curled. I walk over to mine and Jessica's table. I sit down and ask, "You look good today. Something special?" "No, just going with a look that's more of who I am. You remember, don't you?"

I shake my head. "I said something?" I ask. "Don't you remember on the way to to your house, you told me to be the real me. Not some stuck up gossip girl. You remember, ... right?" She says. I have no clue what this girls talking about. Maybe she's dreaming, or I'm dreaming. "I don't remember, but what I do recall, is that we have a project to do. We can talk about that later, Ok?" She shakes her head yes. I don't know what, but Jessica seems more nice to me. Not like I don't like it, just ... different. She pulls out the work we've done so far, none. "Ok, so we're talking about Sky Jumpers. So Hope lives in a place that use to be Arkansas, after World War 3 and the Green Bombs." And while she's talking, she writing this down. I add, "And since the Green Bombs disabled electricity, she and her friends have to relie on inventions to live through life." She continues writing after I stop. She finishes writing after a few more sentences. She hands me the paper; I grab it and read over the parts she added. "Looks good so far." I say. I look at her and smile.

She smiles back. "So um ... why aren't you like being rude to me, Like you were yesterday?" I ask, looking at our paper. She looks confused, as if I'm not the same person she's talking to. "Why wouldn't I be nice to you?" She asks. "Um, because you obviously have some problem with me." She shakes her head. Bring! Bring! "Look, I'll explain later. Just meet me at the back table at lunch." Then she winks at me. I answer, slowly, "O ...k?" She grabs her packed bag and walks out. Suddenly, my headache returns. Great. I shove my stuff into my bag, and walk out wondering what she's talking about, and barely holding my brain inside my skull.

--------------------------------------------------

I walk out of the lunch line with a tray of chicken tenders, french fries, and chocolate milk. To be honest, I'm not wanting food. It's like I ... just can't. Anyway, I start walking towards the back like Jessica said. The back of the cafeteria is where ... no one sits. Seriously, no one sits at the back tables. It's like the back tables are haunted or something. I easily spot her, because she's the only one sitting there. I walk up and ask, "You look lonely, may I accompany you?" "Sit down you silly." 

I take the seat across from her. The second I look at her, she looks serious. "So David ... I'm ... I'm..."

A/N PLEASE READ:
Anyone love cliffhangers, cause I hate them! Good thing there's another chapter. Also, thanks for anyone who reads this book. Your amazing! Anyway, continue enjoying this book!