Chapter 13: 3 DAYS!?!

I wake up in a cold atmosphere. My back is laid on a soft and comfortable something. My eyes open up to a white wall, with a decently sized TV across from me. "Uugggg." I moan. "David! Your awake!" My mom and Dad appear from the side of me. "Oh baby." And Mom gives me a hug. I lay back down because it hurts too much to move. I have my mask for when I need to treat my asthma attacks.

So between breaths I ask, "Where are we?" "Were in the hospital, because of the car crash you and Jessica were in." Dad explains. Crash ... crash ... CAR CRASH!!! I immediately ask, "Where's Jessica?! Is she alright?!" I sit up and groan. "Woah, David sit back. Jessica's fine. She has a few bruises on her hands and burns on her arms. She's not as bad as you. When they found you two, Jessica was pulling you out of a car and you were barely breathing-" "Can I see her?!" I interrupt my Dad.

"NO!!! Your left arm is broken, you have a broken rib, and your asthma is worst since the fire. The doctors were surprised you lived!" Mom exclaims. Not surprised, my asthma disables me from a lot of things. Sports, petting zoo's, breathing ... yeah ... "Buuuut, Jessica can come to see you." Dad helps. "Really?!" I breath. Mom and Dad both nod. I smile and ask, "So when can she come?" They look at each other, and they look ... unhappy .... sad, somewhere around there. "She can come this afternoon. Is that alright?" Mom asks. I nod so I don't have to strain my voice to speak. My parent's smile at me, and my mom goes and sits down in the seat to the side of me while my Dad leaves to see if she can come over.

After a minute of breathing and relaxing, there's a knock on the door. "Come in." my Mom says. The door opens and standing there is Luna. "Oh, hey." I speak. Luna walks up to the edge of my bed. She looks like she cried before walking in. "David ... you're alright." She says. Her eyes are watering and her lips are quivering. I wave my hands for her to come over. She walks over and kneels down next to my bed. I look directly into her eyes, and say, "Luna look at me. I am fine. I might have a few bumps and bruises, but I'm still alive."

Her face is so soul ripped. A tear is rolling down her face. When it drips from her chin, it falls onto my arm. "I ... I thought you ... d-died." She whimpers. I hug her quickly, and lay back down. "I'll be fine. Just worry about yourself, Ok?" I breath out. I look directly at her. Then she nods, wipes the tears off her face, and walks out saying, "Bye David, hope you get better."

When she walks out the door, my Dad returns. "Yes, she can come later. Around 6:00. For now David, just rest. Oh I will, because the second I looked at the TV, I fell asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------

"David ... Daavvvyy. Wake up." Davy, there's only one person who calls me that!  I open my eyes slowly, and next to me is Jessica. "Jessica?! You're here!" I say. I sit up and hug her. "I missed you." I say. "I missed you too!" I enjoy the feeling we have at that moment. She lets go and softly presses me back down to the bed. I take a second to look at her. She looks pretty much the same as before ... except, she now has bruises and burns on her arms and hands. I can guess from what. "Soooo, how have you been?" I ask. I just now realize I'm not connected to the machine pumping oxygen into me.

"Bored! I haven't done anything for the three days we've been here except use the restroom, eat, and sleep." She tells me. "Wait! We've been here for THREE DAYS!!!???" I ask. I cough hard. Ok David, remember your recovering, don't strain yourself. "Yeah, three days! Which only gives us two days to finish the project because today's Saturday." She explains. The project! Why did I have to be cursed with a project now?! "Oohhh yeah, the project. Can't she give us three extra days or something? I mean, I was unconscious for two days! How could I do my project if I wasn't able to?!" I ask Jessica. She shrugs and answers, "We can ask. I'll find out later. I'm just glad you're awake." I smile and try to sit up to kiss her, but I wince at my side. "Oww." Stupid rib. Jessica giggles and touches me with her hand. When she tries to grab my hand. This time, she winces and stops moving her hand. "Forgot my hands are burned." She says. I giggle this time.

Someone knocks on the door. "Come in." Everyone says in unison. A lady walks in. From her appeal, I'm guessing she's a nurse. "Is Jessica Bater in here?" the lady asks. Jessica raises her arm.

"You need to return to your room so we can applie something on your burns." She opens the door awaiting for Jessica to go. I look back to Jessica. She says, "See ya Davy!" And she kisses me on the cheek. Before she can look away, I say, "You missed." Her face looks confused. I smile and grab her head. Then I kiss her on the lips softly. The tingling feeling when kissing someone on the lips is A LOT better than a touch on the cheek.

When I release, her face is blushing completely. "That was a bullseye." I say to her. She smiles and puts her hands on her chair wheels. That's crazy, I just noticed she's sitting in a wheelchair. She rolls out the door with the nurse closing the door behind them. I lay my head sideways and look over to my mom. Her face looks surprised.

I guess she didn't know I love her.