Chapter 16: Life Sucks

I didn't sleep through the night, I didn't even change into different clothes to sleep. I just pulled the covers over me and stared at the ceiling. It's so plain and white, nothing ever happens to a ceiling. I wish I didn't have any problems with my life. Just lived happily, with no bumps in the road, no people making fun of you, and no car crashes.

I look towards my window as I see light enter my room. It's an orange and purple swirl of light. I get up and shut the blinds closed, leaving only tiny lines only light entering. I hear a knock on my door. I don't answer because what's the point? It's just more drama about to slap me across the face.

"David. David wake up. You have school. Go to school our lovely child." Mom said. I can hear her footsteps getting softer. The one day I feel like killing myself I need to go to school. I slide off the bed and walk over to my closet. I grab a plain red t-shirt and some jeans; I put them on and grab my new glasses, which are blue,medium sized framed glasses that I slip over my eyes. For once I can see, it's been forever! I walk out of my room, and skip the restroom, doesn't matter what I look like. I'm not going to be seeing Jessica. I don't NEED to see Jessica. She's probably never going to talk to me again after getting her hand chopped off!

I grab our folder of our project and my new backpack on the couch; I don't even say bye before leaving, I silently walk out towards the bus stop. When I arrive at the bus stop, Luna's smiling. "David your back!" She says, hugging me. She let's go looking at my face. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." I lie. Luna's face was trying to read my mind. "Tell me the truth David. You obviously didn't fix yourself up and you look depressed. Pleeeeease!" Luna begs. "Luna, if I had a problem, wouldn't I tell you?" I say annoyed. "Not this time for some reason. Tell me." She repeats. "Nothings wrong Luna." I mumble. "But-" "NOTHING'S WRONG!" I yell at her. Her face made me feel worst. It was broken and sad. She just looked away from me. I look towards the ground and whisper, "Just leave me alone." I guess she heard me because she walked a yard away from me and stood the opposite direction of me.

One friend probably gone. I guess this is life; a depressing walk through of one thing bad after another.