Chapter 8: Such a Nerd

"I'm ... I'm ... a nerdy shy girl who loves anime and reads so much I have no space in my room for anything other than books." She blurts out all at once. I blink before moving. "Soooooo, your not ... dumb?" I ask as a question because, I don't know what to say! She just dropped a bomb of crazy on me. "Of course not. If I was stupid, I wouldn't be here now would I?" I just shrug. She rolls her eyes. "Look David, I'm not the Miss Prissy you thought I was. I'm actually smart, need glasses, and was probably lucky to be cheerleading captain. Wait, no I wasn't, I worked for that spot. But other than that, I'm not someone to be popular. I just ...... am." She spills out.

I stare at her. She just explained to me that she's a nerd. Should I believe her? I mean she's suddenly: prettier to my appeal, acts smarter, and is being nice to me. It's kind of creepy. "Are you going to touch or eat your food?" Jessica asks, stealing a fry. I shake my head. My stomach ache is now making me nauseous.

I pass her my french fries. She takes them willingly, and starts chomping down on them. "For being someone who's seen a lot, you eat like a pig." I giggle. She glares at me, but still continues to eat. I get up to throw away my food, and I don't return to the abandoned side of the cafeteria.

-----------------------------------------------------

When I get home after school, I have some ... unpleasant diarrhea. REALLY unpleasant. But I stops before 5:00 which is good. I just lay down in my bed until my mom calls me. "David, it's for you!" I get up from my soft, comfortable position, to see who knocked on the door. When I arrive at the door, I see my partner, Jessica. When she looked at me, she said, "You look sick. You Ok?" "Not even hello?" I ask. She takes a breath and starts over. "Hello David. Are you Ok, you look sick?" she says slowly. "Nice to see you, and yes, I feel sick." I motion my hand for her to walk inside.

After introducing her to my parents, we go to my room to talk. "I didn't say we were meeting at my house to work." I say, as soon as I close my bedroom door. She stares at my gaming chair. "Is this a Tenchical High 5 chair?!" She asks with her face lighten up. "Uhh, yeah. Why?"

"Why?! WHY?! This gaming chair is one of the best in the world! The soft fabric they use is amazing, the speakers built into the seat are the best, and its just amazing!!!" She says, stroking the armrest. Was I this crazy when I got this chair? Probably. What do I say to a geeked out girl who's obsessed with a gaming chair?

"Wanna sit in it?" I ask. She immediately plops herself into the seat. "Ahhhhhh, this chair is sooooooooo soft!" She closes her eyes and sinks into the chair. I smile. Making someone happy makes me happy, even if I feel terrible. "Yeah, I've had the chair for about a year. It's great-" "OMG is that Pokémon plushes!?!" Jessica asks again. She rushes over to the dolls on my shelf. "It's only Pikachu, Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur. That's not a lot." I say. "Are you kidding?! I wish I had these!" Jessica exclaims, squeezing my soft Pokémon. I smile. "So didn't you come here to work, and not mess with everything in my room?" I ask. She starts blushing, which by the way, makes anyone look cuter. "Right ... but I also came to talk to you." She sits next to me on my bed. "I'm starting to think your actually are a little, tiny bit, nerdy. Just a little." I say to her. 

"Well yeah, you told me to be ... me. Remember after the party?" Here we go again. "What happened at the party? Because I don't remember anything. All I remember is arriving, and ... And it's unknown after that." I tell Jessica. She looks at me, then she let's go of the plushes she was strangling. "When you went to the party, you drank some spiked punch and .... well ..." "Got drunk?" I finish her sentence. I put the pieces together, or at least what I think what happened. "Wait! You abandoned me at a party, gave me a drink which was spiked, then let me roam at the party drunk?!" 

"Me?! Your the one who left when I told you not to, you drank spiked whatever, and you decided to walk around the party!" She yells back. "And how am I supposed to know your telling the truth?" I ask, putting power into my voice. She screams in frustration and stands up. "You don't want to believe me, fine! And when I was starting to think your a nice guy." She mumbles. She storms out the door, slamming both mine and our front door. 

"Well that explains why I'm felling like trash." I figure out. And I thought she was nice.