Chapter 18: I Forgive You

I walk through the door to our house. No welcome, no lights on, and everything is dark, except for the light shining through the clear glass. I'm guessing my parents are both working late again. I throw my backpack on the couch and head to the room at the end of the hall, mine. I plop myself on to my soft mattress, and relax. My stomachs telling me to consume anything at this point. I just ignore the growls and squeeze my stomach. I haven't eaten anything all day, and there's no point! It's not like ... SHE'S ever going to talk to me if I see her again. The growling stops, finally, now I can watch time flow by and the world spin around me.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ding Dong!

Why are my parents ringing the doorbell? Shouldn't they just use there key?

Ding Dong!

"Ok I'm coming!" I yell to whoever's at the door. I slip my blanket off the bed and stand up. I stretch because I've been laying down for about an hour. I walk out of my room and pull the door open. Standing in front of me was the ONE person I DIDN'T want to see, Jessica. I look at her.

She looks pretty much the same, except for the her right arm has a brace. And where her hand was, it isn't anymore. "H-hi Jessica. How are you ... feeling?" I ask awkwardly, looking past her. She smirks, "Good .... actually a lot better!" I can't look at her, my eye's go directly to her right ... wrist? "Are you here for some reason?" I ask, looking towards the ground now. "Well to talk to you. May I come in?" I nod and step out of the the doorway so Jessica can walk inside. I close the door and join her in our living room. I sit opposite to her on my family's couches.

She's defiantly come to break up with me. I can't ... I can't break myself up with her. She's so beautiful, kind, surprising smart. She asks me a question to start of. "David, are you Ok? Someone's told me that you haven't been yourself lately."

"Was it my parents?" I ask. She stares at me waiting for an answer. I sigh, "No, I'm not if it isn't obvious." "David, why are you blocking everything out? Is it because ... of this?" And she moves her right arm to point towards me. I can feel the thoughts coming back. You caused it. You did it. YOU. "Yeah ... I ... I couldn't stand myself injuring you." I admit. "David that's how we started out our relation. We hurt each other." She tells me. I shake my head. "No! I made you go through removing your hand. Being in a fire, a car crash! ... I've caused you so much pain ... it's unfair." I say, starring at the star rug we have on our floor.

I can hear Jessica understands what I'm talking about. "David ... look into my eyes." She said. I don't move; I stay unmoving like a statue. "David!" I hear her stand up. Suddenly the side's of my face are grabbed and is pulled to look at Jessica's. Her face looks ... forgiving and loving. So sweet.

"David, you caused me pain, that's true. But you went through it with me. And Ok, I lost my hand, I'll just learn to write with my other one. Everyone makes mistakes David, no one's perfect. I love you because your not the perfect man I saw in my dreams! Your yourself! And someone who has interests of mine. But back on track, I forgive you. And it's not your fault my car crashed, it was the other crazy driver. Your still new..." and she pauses to take a breath. "Will you accepted my forgiveness? Will you be my be my boyfriend again?"

Wow, she just dropped so much truth on me my brain's melting! I guess she's right, I didn't totally cause the crash, and her right hand being gone isn't tearing her down.

I guess my answer is, "Yes. I'm glad your not mad at me AND I'll be your boyfriend again."

I grab her back and pull her closer. I rest my head on hers and say, "I missed you. She let's her head fall on my chest and answers, "Me too." I pick her head up and kiss her. The sensation, no, the love is back and I'm never letting go. No matter what life throws at us.