Luna's Tale: Loving the Heart

"Jessica I take it back, I'm scared!" I say, looking down at my appeal. Jessica, knowing I'm having a withdrawal, keeps me longing this date.

"Luna, you'll be fine." She reassures with me, looking at me through the mirror. "Well, do I have to wear this ... dress?" I ask, shifting the sleeve up. Jessica pulls my sleeve back down, so it's at my wrist.

"Look at the mirror Luna. Really examine the person in the dress." She tells me to do.

I roll my eyes. Like I look-

Oh.

I stand up straighter, and look into the mirror. She's wearing a beautiful light blue dress, with silk sleeves down to her wrists and the dress flowing down to just under her knees; She also has the most adorable earrings, with a picture of waves crashing on them; and finally, her light blue converse look brand new, matching the whole outfit. Her long brown hair is down, and falls over her right eye.

"That's me." I say, taking in my appearance for the first time.

"I know. You look beautiful Luna, especially in my dress." Jessica says, smiling in the mirror behind me. "Are you sure I can where this? What if I ruin it?" I ask worriedly.

Jessica grabs my shoulders saying, "Don't worry, I've got another just like this anyway." I give her the really face, and suddenly the doorbell rings. "It's Sol! It's Sol, it's my friends first date- OH MY GOD!" Jessica starts freaking out.

I'm on the other hand literally starting to breathe harder, holding my chest. The doorbell rings again.

"Come on Luna, he's waiting." She says, elongating waiting. I follow her downstairs, and she opens the door. Sol comes into view. A very handsome view. He's wearing the most adorable red and blue plaid button-up shirt, nice khaki pants matched with black sneakers, and the blue tie which made it all connect.

While I'm gazing at Sol, he asks, "Are you just gonna keep staring? Or are we going to our date?" He asks me.

I start blushing, realizing I just stared him for a good minute or two. "Uh, yeah. Let's go." I say, walking towards him. Jessica's holding in all her excitement in by smiling super wide, not allowing her glasses to stay in place. "You two have fun!" She says, pushing us out the door.

Once outside, I'm walked to his car, then we pass his car.

"Um, isn't that your car?" I ask, wondering why we're walking down the street. "It sure is." He states straight faced. "Well shouldn't we be getting into your car?" I ask, starting to worry about his mental health.

"We're taking a short walk to the park in this neighborhood. It's like super chill and just ... amazing." He says, guiding me through the streets. We arrive about five minutes later, having a conversation about art, since Sol likes to draw.

"Here we are, the Bighills Park!" Sol announces to me.

I interpret my surroundings, realizing this park is magnificent! There's beautiful trees everywhere, a big playground, and it looks like a garden.

"This is ... wow." I say. Wow, that's the best you can do Luna?

"I know right. Come on, this way." And he grabs my hand, taking me- actually I don't know. I've never been here before, since ya know, I'm not rich. We walk past the garden, the playground, and right after the playground, there's a picnic table, covered in everything! A blanket, two lanterns, chocolate, pasta, and all other sorts of stuff.

"Come on, we're almost there. Like five more steps." He jokes as I stare at the bench. "For me?" I ask in shock.

"Your the one I brought to this date, so yes, for you." Sol says, sitting me down at the picnic table. He gets on the other side, and starts putting food on his plate immediately. "Well aren't you hungry." I say, starting to put food on my own plate. "Well, setting this up didn't take me like an hour, so I'm just hungry for no reason. And yes, I'm a pig when it come to eating." He says, biting his cookie.

I take small portions of everything, not feeling too hungry. I twist the pasta around my fork and eat it.

Woah.

This pasta is delicious! But, I feel like I've tasted it somewhere ... but where?

"I'm sorry to interrupt Mr. Pig, but what pasta is this?" I ask, taking another fork full in my mouth.

He chews his food before answering, "Oh that's David's Moms recipe. I don't exactly-" "Oh that's why it's so familiar tasting. I haven't had her food in like a month. It's all amazing." I realize out loud.

While I'm eating, Sol starts to chuckle. "What?" I ask, touching my face for food on my mouth. "No it's not because you have food on your mouth, it's because- well, we're here." He says, looking straight at me.

I look back at him, noticing he combed his hair to the side. He looks so cute now!

"So Luna, you know I draw things right?" He asks. "We were just talking about it, yeah?" I respond, feeling a little tingly.

"Well ..." and he reaches behind him pulling out a paper. It looks like it's been ripped out of a sketch pad; the drawing on the paper is me, with the moon behind me, adding a shadow affect on part of my body. I don't know what about this drawing makes me feel this way, but it makes me happy.

"I drew you in this last night, and, I thought you would like it." Sol says, handing me the drawing.

"Like it? I think it's the best in the world! Your so gifted with each line it adds detail and delicacy to the picture. I wish I had a talent like that." I say, admiring his artwork.

"Your good at being beautiful." He says standing up. "No no, please I'm not pretty." I say, brushing some crumbs off the dress.

"I know, I said you were beautiful." Sol complements me, sitting in the space next to me.

I look at him, straight in the eyes. "You know I don't believe in love at first sight." I tell him. "Neither do I, but I know who I like might wanna get to know." Sol says, raising his eyebrows up and down.

He doesn't either, finally! Another person in this world thinks it's unbelievable, or at least unreasonable. I turn my head back to Sol and he's staring up. I, curious, look up myself. Beyond the sky, there's a hundreds of thousands of lights, twinkling bright.

"I love just watching the sky, even during the day. It sort of inspires me to draw, not just the sky, but anything." He says, turning his face back to me.

"I love the night sky. It's so beautiful and untouched by humans, for the most part." I say, looking back at Sol. He starts moving closer to my face, and for some reason, I'm doing the same.

We're like two centimeters apart when he asks, "Wanna kiss?"

"Come here you pig." I laugh, kissing him. I grab his face and press his lips against mine. The touch is soft and lustful.

I pull back, open my eyes, and Sol is smiling. "Did you like it?" He asks. For someone who's smart-ish, he asks a lot of obvious questions.

"It made me feel special." I say, letting go of his face. "That's what I felt too, since I'm lucky enough to have you." He smiles. He wraps his arm around me, and we go back to gazing at the stars, like the star gazers we were.

A/N PLEASE READ:
Guys it's over! I just loved writing this book and this short tale was so much fun to write! I hope you enjoyed! Comment on how you felt; I obviously thought it went perfect, but that's the writers though. I want to thank y'all so much for this book achieving 6k reads!!! Like I can't thank y'all enough! Also, I should be returning to writing I Sell T-Shirts to my Crush soon. It's hard balancing school and writing so bare with me. Anyway this is getting long so, vote, comment, and Enjoy Every Book You Ever Read!