Chapter 4: I'm Sorry

After cleaning myself up, I walk out finding Jessica leaning against the other wall. "Stocker." I say. "Ha ha, very funny." She says. We continue walking back to class. We don't talk on the way there, just silence. And before I open the door to Mrs. Barns room, Jessica stops my hand. "What now?!" I ask/yell rudely. She flinches as if I hurt her. "Look, " and she whispers, "I can't believe I'm saying this," back to normal talk, "Sorry for ... messing up your look. And ... yeah."

Should I take this apology? ... Curse your soft heart! I breath out heavily. "I forgive you. And ... see ya later." The second I open the door, BRING! BRING! Everyone in class rushes out the door. I look back inside to see Luna still there, packing her papers and books. I walk to my desk and grab my bag. Then I rush over to Luna. After slinging her backpack over her shoulder, she says, "What happened?"

"I broke Ok. She made me mad by saying-" Luna stops me by putting her hand up. And if you haven't guessed yet, Luna is a pacifist. She doesn't like violence to the point where ... she gets really upset. And one of her best friends fighting someone, not good. Her eyes start watering. I hug Luna and she breaks out crying into my shoulder. "I didn't mean to make you sad, you know that." I say. I feel her nod her head on my shoulder. She lifts her head off my shoulder and looks directly into my eyes. "Don't do it again." We walk out, holding each other with one arm.

Step by step, were in sync. That's why were best friends.