Chapter 14: Project ...

There's a knock on my door again. "Come in." I answer. I'm the only one in my room because my parents are at work. The door opens to that nurse again. What's her name? I squint my eyes to read her little name tag. I think it says Cassy or Catlin; I wish I had my glasses. My parents told me they broke when the car crashed, but I'm not surprised. The nurse says, "Sorry to interrupt, but someone's here to see you." She takes a step sideways into the room revealing Jessica. Now she's on her feet, which I'm happy about. Jessica walks in and sits in the seat right next to my bed. "Thank you Catherine." Jessica thanks. Catherine ... I  was close enough. Catherine nods and leaves closing the door.

"Ok, what do you have to tell me now?" I ask Jessica. Out of her pocket, she pulls out a few folded papers. She pushes, scratch that, kicks a desk next to the bed. I sit up, which I thank the doctors! I pull my legs off the bed and pick up a paper. I unfold it and see it's our project. "Where'd you get these?" I ask reading over our work again. "Obviously from my backpack. Where do you think I got these, from the Internet?" "You could of." I reply. She rolls her eyes and says, "But I'm not a cheater. Oh yeah David, we got an extra two days to finish the project. My parents asked for us and Mrs. Barns said so. So now we have until Wednesday." 

"Ok let's get to work!" I say excitedly. Jessica pulls out two pencils and hands both of them to me. I take them both and ask, "Aren't you going to write?" She puts her burned hands into my face. "Never mind." I answer.