Chapter 20: After School Surprise

1 Day Later

"And the book ends with Hope receiving the honor of getting her name engraved into the Difference of One stone for saving her town.
The End." Jessica finishes. Everyone in class claps at her finishing, reading our paper. "That, was a great example of a essay on a book. It was composed perfectly. Great job David and Jessica!" She gives us a double high five. We walk back to our seats in the second row. The clapping disappears as soon as we sit down.

"Well, since everyone has gone, everyone can do whatever for the rest of the period." Mrs. Barns says. Everyone immediately starts talking. "You did great." I say to Jessica. She's dressed up in her real self, with her hair in a ponytail. "Thanks. I just read from a paper. Not really hard." She says.

"Well, as your boyfriend, I thought encouraging your performance would be nice." I comment. She looks straight into my eyes, with her glittering, hazel eyes. "Thanks, again." I remember! "Oh yeah, meet me at the benches outside the cafeteria after school." Ok?" She looks excited with her mouth smiling wide, and her dimples showing. She nods yes.

Bring! Bring!

After packing up, we walk to the door. "Remember, after school." "I will, don't worry." She reassures me. I let go of her hand, and we split ways for now.

-----------------------------------------------------

I place the last candle on the table. "This should be good enough." I say to myself. Behind I hear, "Good enough? This seems overboard!" I turn around to see Jessica. Her face is full of surprise. "Oh this," I say pointing towards the table covered in: a silk table cloth, plates, a picnic basket full of food, and cinnamon candles. " that was nothing."

"You gotta be kidding me! I can smell cinnamon, my favorite, and this table looks like something from a super fancy restaurant!" She exclaims. I walk over and pick Jessica up. She didn't weigh too much for me. Luckily, I didn't want to look weak. She laughed the while I was holding her, as I was tickling her. I carry her to the bench and place her down. Then I sit myself on the other side. I see Jessica lean over and smell the cinnamon candles. "Smells amazing." She says. I take out our meal, which is two sandwiches and some soda. I bring them out of the basket, and Jessica smiles. "You did all this for me?"

"Didn't I tell you your the love of my life already?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah, just wanted to hear it again." She admits. We both laugh. I hand her, her sandwich and start eating mine. She takes a bite, and from her facial expression, I'm guessing she liked it. She places it back down and tries opening her Coke. She tries holding it still with her right arm, but it keeps getting pushed back every time she tries to open the top. "Ugggggg, the struggle is real!!!" She complains, throwing her arms in the air. I giggle and ask, "Need some assistance?" She, in defeat, hands the can to me. I grab, and easily, pop the top open. I hand it back after two seconds. "Show off." She says, swiping the Coke from my hands.

I say, "And I'll always be here to show off what can be done with two hands." "You goof." She comments. "Hey, I liked Davy." I complain. "Fine, you goofy Davy." I throw my turkey slice from my sandwich at her. It lands directly on her shirt. She stands up and her face is disgusted. "DAVID! This shirt cost over $100!" She complains. I shrug and throw my lettuce at her. It lands in her hair. "Oh it's on nerd!" She yells. She disassembles her sandwich and starts flinging food at me. I get hit but also get her with my food. She stands up, grabbing her soda, and leans over. She dumps all her soda all over me. My hair, my clothes, my shoes! I comeback by dousing her in my own soda.

After running out of food to fight with, we sit together on the bench. "Ironic, I set all this up to look nice and we end up wearing lettuce and turkey. Why do I try?" I say to myself, shaking my head.

"I'm sure if we had the ice cream in the basket, it would of been delicious." Jessica assures. I look at Jessica. Her glasses have ice cream on them. I wipe the ice cream off her glasses and taste it. "Mmmmmm." Is all I say. She grabs some ice cream off my cheek and tries some for herself. "Like I said, delicious." She comments.

I laugh and pull her closer with my right arm. She does the same with her left. Me and Jessica look at each other. We look like we walked through a cloud of food. "David, you have some ice cream on your lips." Jessica informs me. I can't feel anything on my lips.

"Can you get it for me?" I ask, embarrassed. She leans in close, closer than normal to wipe food of someone's face, and kisses me on the lips. I know why she said that now. I hold her while our lips flare up our emotions. We release at the same time and say, "I love you." We blush at the same time too. Which made both of our faces turn red. "Uh ... um ... let's clean up." I suggest. Jessica nods and starts picking up the trash. I fold the cloth and place it into the basket with the cinnamon candles. Jessica returns from her trip to the trash can asking, "Ready to go?"

I nod and wrap my arm around her. We walk around the school before walking towards her car. We enjoyed being around ourselves before leaving.

And I'm sure we're both traumatized by cars.

A/N: PLEASE READ
This is the end of the book. I hope you liked it! Vote and comment if you think I should add and epilogue. And comment on what I should write about. Prom/Homecoming, Senior year, Valentines Dance, anything! (Except college, don't suggest college.) Anyway, comment and vote and always, I Hope You Enjoyed The Book And Every Book You Ever Read!!!