Luna's Tale: Mending the Heart

A/N PLEASE READ:
Hey everybody! I'm so excited to bring you three shorts from Luna's POV. This will pick up close after the end of the book if you want to know the setting/time. And thanks again, my first book to 5k reads! I'm so grateful, I just wanna send y'all a hundred Hershey kisses! I hope you like the first part! Aside from that, Enjoy Every Book You Ever Read!

--------------------------

David ...

No that wasn't David. It was someone else; someone who lost who they were. Then why am I taking it so personal?

I jump over the ant pile built on the sidewalk. Walking to the bus stop is pretty long since I live on the far end of our neighborhood, but ... it's worth it.

I see people at the bus stop, David in particular. He's standing facing the road, waiting for the bus to come rolling in. Is he still depressed?

I didn't talk to him on the weekend, because I thought he need his space. I slowly walk the edge of the swarm of people waiting at the bus stop. David still hasn't noticed me. Is he still my friend? He didn't even say goodbye after class on Friday. We've said goodbye since elementary school, and he just ... ignored me.

My eyes start watering. Don't cry Luna! Your strong! If he doesn't want to be your friend, then ... then ...

Suddenly the bus roars around the corner. Once it's stopped to pick us up, I hurry on. If David really wants to be your friend, he will sit next to you.

I walk down the aisle until I take a seat in seat 16. I look at the people walking in, waiting for David. I see Ultra, Danny, Sky, David- he's coming! I pull my backpack on my lap and act like I'm not waiting for him. When he's two seats away, David says, "Luna!"

"Hey David." I greet, scooting over for him to sit. He slides next to me. We just sit together. Not talking. No eye contact. Just awkwardly sitting by each other. Curious to see what he's doing, I glance at David to see he's staring at me.

"Luna." He says. "Yes." I answer, slowly feeling excited inside. Is he saying it?

"About Friday ... I'm so sorry." He apologizes. I'm already trying to hold back my tears in my eyes, nodding to his words. "And ... it wasn't me. I shouldn't have-"

"I forgive you!" I cry, falling on his shoulder. "I knew it," I say, half crying. "You weren't yourself, a-and I missed my best friend." "I was a jerk." David admits, hugging me, making me feel better. "You were never a jerk ... you just lost who you were." I tell him in his ear.

"I'm just glad my best friend took me back." He says pulling back to look at my face. I wipe the tear tears away from my face and smile. He looks down and comments, "I like your grey dress by the way. I saw it while you we're walking to the bus stop." "Thank you! I love your Pokémon shirt." I say. He's back. The real David has returned.

He sits back in his seat, pushing up his glasses, sighing loudly.

"Let me guess-"

"SCHOOL!" He cuts me off. And he complained the whole time on the bus ride to school.