Chapter 6: Am I Drunk?

"Here we are!" Jessica notifies me. I look to my right, so the party was clear to see. Dang! This party was crazy! There's people dancing, talking, enjoying themselves to the fullest! "You look a little awestruck. Have you never went to a party before?" She asks. "I have, just not one like this!" I answer. We get out of the car, and start walking up to the house. The house is pretty big too! They have two stories, huge windows, and from what I can hear, a pool in their backyard. We walk past a few kids on the way in. They didn't seem ... right.

We walk through the door to BOOMING music. People are sitting, dancing, and drinking water and punch. "Ok, I'm gonna go find Roxanne, stay here or get a drink. I want to introduce you and her." Then Jessica runs though the crowd of people on the dance floor, which by the way was insane! There's light's all over the place, a few booming speakers, and people all over the place! I guess I'll just get a drink. I walk over to the table of drinks and snacks. There is cookies, brownies, cake, chips, candy, etc on the table. And behind the snacks there's bowls of water and red punch. Suddenly someone walks up next to me and says, "Drink the water. It's really good." He looks drunk. The way he talked, stood and looked gave it away. He walks away, running into a wall on the way out the kitchen. I'm guessing that water isn't water. Probably beer or wine. I grab a cup and scoop some punch into it.

I take a sip. Then another because it tastes REALLY good. Then I go back to the dance floor. Everyone's dancing, why not join them? I push up my glasses before walking out into the dance floor. I jam out to the songs before my cup is emptied. I go back to the kitchen to get more. I drink some of it the minute I fill my cup. I walk out into the backyard. As I thought, there's a pool. And the party going on out here is crazier. Everything seems to be a little blurry. And suddenly my head seems to be hurting. I take another drink of the punch. My head feels a little better.

I walk back inside, to get another scoop when I run into Jessica. "Hey Jessie. How are you?" I ask, leaning against the wall. "You alright David?" She asks. Am I alright, I feel great! "Yeah, and you?" I ask. She looks at me as if something's wrong. Her face light's up because she has an idea. "David, walk to me in a straight line." Is she testing if I'm drunk? Am I drunk? I walk into the middle of the floor, and pretend I'm walking on a tightrope. I take a step. And another, but on my third on, the floor seemed to shift and I took a step to the right more. Then the left more, straight, straight, right, left. And I take another over right step forward and I'm at Jessica. "Did I pass?" I ask her. "Nope. Your line wasn't straight, more like crooked. David, did you drink anything?" "I drank some punch." I answer. Suddenly Jessica, up close, looks prettier. She sighs. "David, the punch was spiked." "Ohhhhhh ... and?" She rolls her eyes. "Which means, your drunk. How many cups did you have?" "Three or four. That's not too much is it?"

She just grabs my hand. I blush. "At least you didn't drink 20 or something." Then she walks us into the dancing room. I look directly into Jessica's eyes and say, "Your pretty." Jessica's cheeks turn red. "Thanks." "No really, your really beautiful. It's like someone put the stars in your eyes. That's how beautiful they look." I say. She shakes her head, "Your just saying that because your drunk." Am I saying that because I'm drunk? No, I really like her!

I pull her head to look at me. It's stunning to look at her face. Then I kiss her directly on the lips. My heart flutters the moment my lips meet hers. I let go pulling back slowly. She opens her eyes after I let go. "That's how much I love you." I say softly. She whole face starts glowing red. "L-let's just g-go." Jessica says, smiling.

We walk out the door into her car, and we leave the neighborhood. I stare at her the whole way home. "So David, where do you live?" She asks. "Wherever you go." I answer. She smiles and asks, "I'm serious, where do you live?"

"Where you live." I answer. "Your totally not yourself, that's for sure." Jessica says, still blushing.