✔️Chapter 01 - T

**a/n the attached pic is dans hairstyle in the book don't kill me it's the plot**

Phil's POV

The day had started off terribly, what's new? I'd overslept for a whole two hours and came into work looking like a complete mess and unable to function from missing breakfast. Afterwards, my boss, Peter, spent ages lecturing me on the importance of wasting work time (oh, the irony). Then, I was sent a shitty article to rewrite and it didn't even include punctuation, making my job of understanding it to rewrite it about fifty times harder.

It was so bad that when Tyler walked into my tiny office I was banging my head repeatedly against the desk.

"Shang-hai bitch!" He said in his usual cheery voice. "You have been graced with my presence."

"I hope you brought something other than your presence because I am starving." I complained, head still laid against my desk.

"I did, I did. Even though my presence should be good enough." He threw a paper bag probably containing some sort of pastry at my head.

I looked up to see him holding a cup of coffee, arm raised about to throw it. "Tyler I swear to God-"

He laughed at me, before waltzing over to set the cup down on my desk. "Meeting in ten, eat quickly. I need to go get my stuff."

He danced out of my office humming some new pop song loudly, leaving me giggling at his terrible dance moves.

Minutes later we were walking towards the main hall for the meeting and Tyler was telling me about the 'sexy jock' who'd served him the coffee, apparently he'd winked at Tyler when he was walking out the shop and I needed a full explanation.

I sat on the left of Louise and Tyler sat next to me, I motioned for him to be quiet when he started humming the same pop song from earlier again.

"Alright, we're starting," Peter announced walking into the room, setting his coffee down at the head of the table where he stood.

He pulled out some papers before shuffling them about, eyes scanning over a few of them before he spoke again. "We've got most of the pieces for next week's paper. Except for-" He looked round the table, eyes landing on Cat. "Yours."

"I've sent it to Marcus in editing." Cat said evenly, not even somewhat fazed by being called out. I would never have been able to do that, Peter can be scary as hell when he wants to.

And he usually wants to.

"Alright. The week after there's not much going on in the news. We've got more space for ads and articles."

Everyone nodded and tapped the new information into their MacBooks. Except for me, that is, I was busy scrolling through a wiki page on Liam Hemsworth.

I always thought of myself as not so good at coming up with ideas, but when I had the idea I could usually piece together a good article. That's why I never really contributed in these meetings.

A half hour later I was still on Wikipedia, now looking up Suzanne Collin's husband.

Suddenly, Louise was nudging me. I came back to reality to realise that Tyler was quietly snickering beside me and Peter was staring straight at me as if expecting something.