Chapter 21

Phil's POV

The morning was off to a good start. Dan's lovey-dovey mood was still present, and I was enjoying this side of him a little too much. We'd both woken up at 6, and after a cheeky invitation from Dan to join him in the shower (which I'd gracefully declined), we both quickly got ready for work. Dan was in a deep navy suit, which he had told me was a custom-made Yves Saint Laurent. Meanwhile, I was wearing a white spotted shirt, with a red jacket and my usual skinny jeans. I'd sat next to Dan as he flat-ironed his hair, keeping him entertained with mindless chatter. He seemed in equal parts to appreciate it and find it annoying.

And now, half an hour later, Dan and I were in the lounge, watching the morning news. I was not used to getting up this early, and so, my head was laid on Dan's lap and he was absentmindedly playing with my hair.

"I am going to miss you," he stated thoughtfully.

"Really? I thought I was infuriating," I said mockingly, trying to keep the atmosphere light.

"You are terribly infuriating, extremely argumentative and worryingly awkward," he chuckled. "But, I am still going to miss you."

"Well, that's nice to hear," I replied somewhat sarcastically. "You never told me how long you're going away for."

"I will be back by Friday morning."

"That's ages away," I said pouting.

"I know, I know. But, I will text you every day."

"I'll probably answer straight away. I've nothing else to do. I'm going to be so bored without you," I whined.

"You do not have plans for this weekend?"

"I do, but they're boring."

"Meanwhile, I will be working my ass off for this stupid case," he said in a dark tone.

"Ok, at least I'll be having more fun than you," I laughed.

He murmured an agreement, continuing to twirl a few strands of my hair around his fingers. "How did you choose black?"

"Through trial and error. Let's just say I looked hideous in every other colour."

"I can't imagine that," he said, candidly.

"Ugh, stop," I pleaded, blushing.

"What?" he asked, confused.

"Making me feel pretty."

"Oh, you're not pretty," he said, eyebrows pulled together.

"Ok, you don't have to make me feel bad either, just stop talking about it," I said, placing my hands in front of my face, to cover up how red it was getting.

"You're fucking beautiful."

He pulled my hands away from my face and then leant down to kiss me.

I savoured the feeling. This would be the last kiss for a while.

Realising what an uncomfortable position we were in, I sat up on his lap, so that I was facing him. This seemed to make him happy, judging by his content sigh.

This continued for a few minutes until we were interrupted by Miss Margaret calling out from the kitchen, "breakfast is ready."

"To be continued?" He murmured against my lips.

"To be continued," I confirmed.

***

Saying goodbye to Dan was much harder than I imagined it would be. I knew that I would be seeing him in a week anyway, yet the thought of 7 days without him made me feel weird.

We hadn't known each other for very long, (and most of our short time together was spent bickering) yet I'd become attached quickly. Although I knew this was definitely not a good thing, I couldn't bring myself to regret it.

Being with Dan made me happy. The fact that he enjoyed my company baffled me, and made a warm feeling expand in my chest. Sure, people had wanted to hang out with me before, but no one had ever smiled every time I said something or had called out my supposed beauty regularly.

Dan Howell was nothing I ever expected, but ended up being everything I ever wanted.

Nonetheless, I accepted that I had to let go, and eventually he was gone.

***

"Okay, are you ready to hear my exciting news?" Tyler asked me, with a wide smile.

We were sitting in Starbucks. It was almost 5 o'clock, and we'd just come back from the cinema.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I answered doubtfully. The last time that Tyler claimed he had a big announcement, it ended up being that he'd reached 1000 Instagram followers.

"Don't make that face! I promise this is actually kind of a big deal."

"Ok, sure," I nodded sarcastically.

"Hey, fuck you! I'm being serious."

"Ok, ok," I said, taking another sip from my delicious caramel drink.

Tyler waited until I put my cup down, and he had my full attention. "Okay, so," he lowered his voice, and I wasn't particularly sure why. "I kinda," he started before pausing and rethinking his words. "I have a boyfriend!" He finally exclaimed.

"Do you actually?" I asked excited, yet unsure if Tyler was messing with me.

"Yes, I actually do!"

"Tell me all about him then," I prompted eagerly.

"Ok well, his name is Troye, with an e, and he is literally the cutest thing I've ever laid my eyes on. His eyes are even bluer than yours, and that's saying something. I could stare into them for ages. And he has curly brown hair and it's so soft, and his cheekbones and jawline could cut glass. He has a litle nose piercing, and I think he's trying to look intimidating, but he's so warm and fuzzy and it would never work. And he honestly has such a--"

"Ok, tell me what he's actually like?" I say, a bit bored of the physical description.

"Oh, he's so sweet," Tyler gushed. "He's funny and and kind. And he's Australian, I can't believe I forgot to mention that. His accent is literally the best thing about him. You can hear it when he's singing but you really have to focus, because it fades a little bit."

"He sings?" I ask.

"Hell, does he sing! He has the voice of an angel. He just signed his first record deal and he's writing songs right now, and he says I'm his inspiration."

"And when do I get to meet Troye with an e?" I asked, excited by Tyler's glowing review.

"He's visiting friends in Oxford, but he'll be back on Wednesday morning. How about I invite him to dinner at ours on Friday?" Tyler suggested.

"Oh yeah, we have Friday off, don't we?"

Tyler nodded in confirmation.

"Sounds great."

Suddenly Tyler exclaims, "Oh my Goodness, I just had the greatest idea! We have to go on a double date. How did I not think of that sooner? What is wrong with me?"

"I mean Dan would probably scare Troye away, but if you're willing to risk it, I'll ask Dan."

"Nah, I won't let Troye get away that easy," Tyler says with a worrying smirk.

"Ok, calm down, you're acting creepy."

"Wait, I didn't even tell you about his smile!"

I sighed and braced myself for at least another hour of descriptions of Troye's teeth.

**a/n lulling you into a sense false of security *evil laughter* anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter, please vote and comment as usual. if you are looking for a new phanfic to read, please check out Illusive, you will find it on my profile. i actually love writing it so much and I update it every tuesday, so please please please! ily xx**

💋Rachel