✔️Chapter 09 - T

Phil's POV

That morning I woke up feeling like a king, or more accurately a kings guest for a night. This bed was the most comfortable one I had ever slept in by far. The duvet and pillows were soft and luxurious, they also smelt like lavender and vanilla which reminded me of the air fresheners that Tyler always buys.

I would have stayed in bed all day if I could, but the alarm on my phone was loud and obnoxious. Of course my phone was on the desk on the other side of the room, meaning I actually had to get up.

Reluctantly, I unwrapped myself from the cocoon of warmth I had created for myself and got out of bed, feet pressing down gently on the cold hard-wood floor.

I was wearing a plain white shirt and my boxers, my own shirt and jeans were placed on the back of the desk chair. I quickly changed into them and ran my fingers through my fringe trying to get it to look better, then I used the bathroom across the hall to wash my face.

Finally I was semi-presentable, so I headed downstairs.

Dan was in the lounge. The TV was on, but he didn't seem to be watching, instead he was furiously typing on a Mac. I don't even think I can type that fast, and I basically live on the internet.

"Good morning," I greeted quietly, cautious of disturbing him.

He raised his head quickly, startled, before slamming one last key on his keyboard then pulling down the cover of his laptop.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, best night of my life," I told him, well aware that if I had the option to I would retreat back to the bed.

"Oh, I am sure I will be topping that soon," he said, a smirk playing on his lips.

My mouth dropped open and I was unable to say anything well aware that me cheeks were probably a flaming red colour.

"Hungry?" He continued like nothing had happened.

"Yeah, a bit," I say, deciding to play along.

"My housekeeper, Miss Margaret, will be here soon to make breakfast. Meanwhile I will make tea, how much sugar would you like?"

"Three teaspoons, please," I answered, taking a seat at the table.

Soon enough, a steaming cup was set in front of me; Dan sat opposite me, sipping his own cup.

"Do you remember much from yesterday?"

"Yeah, I remember everything until I fainted. I'm sorry, it's so embarrassing."

"It confuses me. It is your own blood; how does the sight of it cause you to lose consciousness?"

"I don't really... I wish I knew."

"Well, at least now I know what to do if you get too annoying," he joked.

"Hey," I said trying to keep the chuckle out of my voice, failing as well. "Is that a threat?"

He only smiled back, downing the rest of his tea. Seemingly, he was in a much better mood this morning, and although this made me happy, I was already wondering how long I had left before I had to deal with angry, bossy, cocky Dan.

So I made the most of his good mood, staring at his smile in wonder, and trying to imprint it into my memory. The way his dimples suddenly became prominent, making me want to poke them with my finger. The way he eyes lit up and crinkled at the side, something that I could stare at all damn day if given the option. The way his mouth curved up at both sides instead of just the one of his usual smirk, putting his perfect, pearly white teeth on display. Subconsciously, his smile had made me smile.