Chapter 42 - ❤️️

((ok, this is the last official chapter so y'all better vote and comment til your fingers fall off))

Phil's POV

The last month has been my favourite in my entire life. Just looking back, all I see is smiles and laughter and cuddles with Dan.

It's weird because when I was interviewing him for the latest newspaper edition, when my hands were shaking with nervousness and my lips were trembling with fear, I never thought I'd be here only months later.

I'd never thought that I would stay with the scary boss every night, let alone enter his house. I never thought I'd have said 'I love you' to the multimillionaire, the owner of the most successful law firm in the world.

But, what was perhaps the most unexpected thing, I never would have thought that he'd say it back.

***

"Tyler, pass me a pillow."

"Connor your elbow is digging in."

"Did everyone like my picture on Instagram?"

"Shut up, the movie's starting."

I laughed quietly to myself, leaning further into Tyler. We were all at Connor's house for his birthday, having our first sleepover in a while. There was 6 of us now, meaning it was quite a squeeze. Troye and Tyler had shotgunned the bed, forcing the rest of us to sleep on the floor or on the couches.

About 5 minutes into the movie, we had all realised it was boring. Tyler and Troye were obnoxiously making out and Louise and Connor were talking about one of the actors.

Cat turned to me, "didn't you say Dan was coming?"

I laughed a little nervously, not failing to notice that everyone's attention was now on me. "Yeah, he said he was. He bought you a present and everything," I told them, directing the last sentence at Connor.

"It's almost 12."

"I know," I said. "But he's coming. He had a really important case today. But he texted me. He'll be here."

Just as I finished my sentence, the doorbell rang, causing a massive smile to erupt on my face.

"Louise, go get it."

"What? Why me?"

"You're closest to the door."

Louise sighed before getting up and leaving the room, before proptly returning followed by Dan, who was holding a massive box.

"Hey, sorry I am late."

"It's ok," Connor said with a smile.

"Happy birthday!" Dan finally cheered, handing Connor the box before coming to sit next to me. As soon as he was within touching distance, I wrapped my arm around him and he placed a quick kiss on my lips before laying his head on my shoulder.

"Thank you, you didn't have to," Connor said with a grateful smile.

"Oh, shut up and open it."

Connor then proceeded to reach into the box. He pulled out a medium sized package, immediately unwrapping it to reveal a beige knit sweater.

"Oh my God, this is so soft. Wait, this is designer?"

Dan laughed at him, motioning for him to continue going through the box. Connor giggled as he reached in and pulled out a box of chocolates, a few scented candles and a watch.

"Right, this is defenitely the best present I've recieved. You guys need to get on Dan's level," Connor said, cradling all his newly recieved items.