Chapter 24 - H

**a/n dedicated to Phanisrealdotcom and please vote and comment if you enjoy**

Phil's POV

Taking a few shaky breaths to calm myself, I went to answer the door.

A chill ran through me when I opened the door.

He stood there casually, leaning against the wall, in a deep navy suit. In that one week without him, I had almost forgotten how beautiful he was. His hair was slightly dishevelled and there were bags under his eyes. He looked stressed and was obviously not in the best of moods. But he still looked gorgeous.

I subconsciously reached up to fix his hair, before realising what I was doing and pulling my hand back.

"Hi," he said simply, and my heart ached at how much I'd missed his voice.

But I bit the inside of my mouth and forced those thoughts away. "What do you want?" I asked, stiffly.

He raised an eyebrow at my frustrated tone, and angrily pushed past me into the apartment.

"Wait, I didn't say you could--" I started to protest.

But he only ignored me and walked into the lounge. He proceeded to take a seat on the couch and put his feet up on the coffee table.

"Dan, why are you here?" I asked.

"Why are you acting like you do not want me here?"

"Because I realised you're a liar and I don't like liars," I answered truthfully.

"Please, do enlighten me," he said, picking at his nails.

I decided to start with the obvious. "When did you come back from your business trip?" I wanted to catch him out in the lie.

He shrugged, "Around 6 in the morning."

"What day?" I questioned.

He looked down at his feet, before admitting what I'd been waiting for him to say. "Thursday."

"Why did you tell me you were coming back today?"

"I was initially going to return on today, but the case was closed earlier than we expected."

"Why didn't you tell me that?" I said, inwardly cursing myself when my voice broke.

"No point. I was busy all day yesterday anyway."

"Busy doing what?" I tried to ask nonchalantly.

"What is this, a fucking interrogation? Why the fuck does it matter what I was doing yesterday?"

"I believe lawyers call it cross-examination," I told him with a smirk.

"Well, good you did not choose to be a lawyer, you would be terrible at it. Phil, I am really tired right now, can we do this later?" He asked.

I desperately wanted to give in, but I held my ground. "I saw you with Camilla yesterday."

He closed his eyes and rested his forehead in the palm of his hand, muttering something to himself. "What, were you fucking stalking me?" He sighed. "She is a business partner if you have forgotten."

"I always thought business partners met in conference rooms, and that they didn't stop to make out while walking down the road together."

"Do not jump to conclusions," he said, irritated. "We did not make out, I do not see why you are making a big deal of this."

"You didn't make out?" I asked, hesitantly.

"No."

"You didn't kiss?"